Whatever happened to the "Illinois Model?" -- "the Alvarez/Ferentz Model?"

5. In the decade just passed, Glen Mason accounted for 60% of Minnesota'a all-time bowl victories, by beating SEC power Arkansas, Pac 10 power Oregon, and Virginia :D

Check your history. We lost to Virginia. The win that you missed was in 2004 against Alabama, a team you can call an SEC Power (although they weren't playing like one during that time period).

Check your history. We lost to Virginia. The win that you missed was in 2004 against Alabama, a team you can call an SEC Power (although they weren't playing like one during that time period).

Shocking that such a big Gopher fan like ConferenceChamp would forget a three point loss to Virginia?

Mase decides to throw a hail mary from the Virginia 48 yard line with 40 seconds to play.

I guess you are a precedent-setter, too...;)

But I won't ask to have you banned for making the brew look bad...perhaps someone else will, though...I can't help you there...:rolleyes:

Mods, if you won't ban him, can you at least revoke his emoticon privileges?

My all-time favorite Gopher = Bruce Smith :cool02:

Favorite Gopher moment = quite a few, actually...

1. 1999 comes to mind...going to Happy Valley to take on #2 ranked Penn St...and watching Dan Nystrom drill one through the uprights to win the game...LaVar Arrington just laid on the field in stunned disbelief:D

2. 1986 also comes to mind...when an unheralded freshman tailback from Rochester put 200 yards on top-ranked Michigan in Ann Arbor :D

3. it's tough to forget Gary Russell's long run up the right sideline in Ann Arbor in 2005 (I nearly soiled my britches on that one:D) His long run allowed the Gophers to pull another one out against the Wolvereenies

4. Coming off a dreadful 1983 (similar to brewster's 2007;)), when Lou Holtz came in and put one on both Wisconsin and Iowa (a pair of Bowl teams that year)...was an unbelievable coaching effort, imho

5. In the decade just passed, Glen Mason accounted for 60% of Minnesota'a all-time bowl victories, by beating SEC power Arkansas, Pac 10 power Oregon, and Virginia :D

You are a fraud. I can look this up on the internet, too. Picking Bruce Smith? Come on--did you look up the list of Heisman winners? "Happy Valley"? Nobody outside of PSU-lickers uses that term. Garry Russell's run is on YouTube. The Holtz stuff is on Wiki. Mason didn't beat Virginia. We blew two big leads in that game. You are a massive fraud. Massive. Fraud.

Top Bottom