What was today's biggest upset? UMass or Temple wins?

Who pulled off Saturday's biggest upset?

• Temple (beating Tennessee 88-72)

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • UMass (beating Kansas 61-60)

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was pretty impressed with UMass's victory given that they were on the list of those "Looking for a Win" at the start of the week with an 0-6 record.

OTOH, the Temple Owls decisively beat Tennessee (#8).

So, which was the biggest upset?

I have to admit that I was pretty impressed with UMass's victory given that they were on the list of those "Looking for a Win" at the start of the week with an 0-6 record.

OTOH, the Temple Owls decisively beat Tennessee (#8).

So, which was the biggest upset?

Gotta be UMass, which played KU in a virtual road game in KC. Temple was at home in a raucous home floor environment.

I dunno, TJ. That venue in KC sure didn't look or sound like a truly neutral site -- that crowd looked and sounded like a bunch of folks transported from the Allen Fieldhouse.

I dunno, TJ. That venue in KC sure didn't look or sound like a truly neutral site -- that crowd looked and sounded like a bunch of folks transported from the Allen Fieldhouse.

I know. That's my point. That's why the UMass win was more impressive. To go into KC and win like that was huge. Temple winning on their home floor, while impressive, was not as improbable, IMO.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your comment about "road game."

I gotta say Temple, just because of the manner of the victory.

I went with Temple too, because Tennessee is full of veterans, already has beat Georgetown and played Gonzaga tight (albeit on neutral courts), while Kansas is in transition. I get the home court advantage for Temple, but I think Tennessee's a better team this season and Temple clobbered them while UMass snuck past Kansas (not taking anything away from the Minutemen-great victory for them, especially the way this season started).

The SEC has NOT looked good in the non-conference, that's for sure.

To me, both were awesome upsets, typical examples of the great nature of NCAA college basketball.....On any given day, etc, etc, etc.......... So, Louisville, beware of the NEW TUBBY'S TEAM from the University of Minnesota. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom