What say you with NC game?

What do you think our Gophers will do in NC this weekend?

• A hard fought close game with a W at the end

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • A hard fought close game with a L at the end

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • A blow out W, no doubt in my mind

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • A blow out L, no doubt in my mind

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
What will happen in this game?

Last edited:

Not going to vote because I really don't know how the game is going to go but my feeling is it with be either option 1 or option 2. I don't expect to see a blowout either way.

Illinois just went down to a different basketball school, Kansas, and lost on the road 23-34.

If we keep the game competitive but the result is similar … that is just fine. Not at all reason to panic or be pissed off. Season far from over.

If we win, outstanding.

Don’t make it into something more than it is.

I'll bite. Went with a close win because I hope that this is the first 2023 game in which we run a balanced offense that doesn't telegraph plays in advance to the defense ... and that we execute. If our offense can exploit a shaky NC defense, and can actually score touchdowns in the red zone, I believe we can overcome the offensive output to be expected from UNC's offense (because our defense looks to be pretty good and should suppress that output somewhat). If our offense performs on par with the past two weeks, however, I suspect we lose ... unless our defense and special teams mimic Iowa's and produce some TDs and/or very short fields all by themselves.

I think they'll try to pick on Trevon Jones. If he can play solid in coverage and our linebackers are healthy, I think we've got a good shot.

No result would surprise me. We will know a lot more about both teams with a third data point after inconclusive 2-0 starts. I hope the gophers are able to play loose (in their own fashion). There is very little to lose playing on the road at a quality non-conference opponent.

So far 65% of us think we’ll win this game 👍

I went with C because that's what I want. I hope I get what I want.

Sounds like Mack Brown is looking for a loss.:LOL:

Courtesy of Noelar Bear post on Brown's Press Conference;
  • “Minnesota is a really physical team, they are huge on both lines of scrimmage”
  • “They are playing great defense, Fleck is a friend of mine. He has done a tremendous job”
  • Mentions how good MN defense is on third down. One of the best in the country last year
  • “Their team competes like P.J. competes, he is a competitor, high energy”
  • Mentions how good the MN defense was against EMU in the second half.
  • “I’ve never seen a modern day football team not make a first down in a half”
  • Mentions how Minnesota likes to keep the ball. Just like App. State
  • “They are playing great defense, playing complimentary football”
  • “We’re letting people get too wide open” on defense
  • “Minnesota is going to be very similar to App State” – comparing offenses and time of possession.
  • Talked about how the UNC defense needs to improve on how they “disguise their looks”
  • Brown says Minnesota’s defense is the best defense they will face so far this season

Massey says 53% chance the Gophers win with a Most Likely score of 26-24

Don’t want to correct the NC coach, but his OL is as big as ours. Only difference is at RG, where we have stashed giant Martes Lewis. If Cody L is back and at full speed, I like our chances to rein in NC’s offense. If CrAB plays, and is a full speed, I like our chances to run a balanced offense. GO Gophers!

I think our chances go up if Elijah Spenser starts to flash what he showed in the spring game. And look to Le’meke B a little more. And Tyler, looks good but hold onto the dang ball.

Top Bottom