What is the most important win for the Gophers in 2012?

Which win is the most important so far in 2012?

• UNLV

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • New Hampshire

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Western Michigan

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Syracuse

Votes: 61 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
Of course every win is important, but which win was the most important for the program in 2012? Here's the rundown:

1) UNLV: Road win in the Desert Heat. Overtime heroics!
2) New Hampshire: Sure it's an FCS opponent, but offense and defense both dominated.
3) Western Michigan: A solid upset minded team with a powerful offense.
4) Syracuse: Big East team that has played tough all season. #2 rated quarterback.

I went with Syracuse because we had a great crowd and actually delivered a great atmosphere and product on the field. All too often, we've enticed the casual fan to buy tickets and have under-delivered on the field with a poor game or heartbreaking loss. While this game obviously isn't on the same level of some of our heartbreaking Big Ten loses we've had, it would be hard to find a casual fan that didn't have a blast last night.

It's certainly nice to have four options to put in a poll like this after four games!

Go Gophers!!

I went with New Hampshire just because I didn't want them to feel totally left out.

I went with Syracuse because it's the most recent. On to next week & Iowa.

UNLV. They lose that game and free tickets or not, TCF would have been Ghost Town for the past three games.

(but the Syracuse game was WAY more impressive!)

Seriously? Some people create a poll just to create a poll.

Most important game for the program is the next one in which Coach Kill and kids have to prepare for. Doesn't matter who opponent is.
"Next man up" philosophy is also "Next game up" in a sense.

UNLV. They lose that game and free tickets or not, TCF would have been Ghost Town for the past three games.

(but the Syracuse game was WAY more impressive!)

I agree 100%!!!!

On the way to the UNLV game, I recall telling a buddy that went with me, the team that LOSES this game could lose their casual fan base for the rest of the season. Going in both teams had recent history of struggling, both felt they could/should win the game, etc. A loss would have driven a good number of people away, no doubt.

UNLV. Can't win them all if you don't win the first.

And others respond to those people in which they should ignore them.

Parski: I'm the guy that created the poll. My motive was to stir up some intelligent discussion about our Outside Conference Games and to see which wins meant the most. I've never attacked your posts and I will not lower myself to doing that. The only thing I care about is we're 4-0 and we've taken a very big step with this program.

I'd encourage you to evaluate your own motives for being on this board.

And others respond to those people in which they should ignore them.

Hard to ignore stupidity. I prefer to point it out so that the next time, you think a little harder before wasting a bunch of people's five seconds.

Most important game for the program is the next one in which Coach Kill and kids have to prepare for. Doesn't matter who opponent is.
"Next man up" philosophy is also "Next game up" in a sense.

I kind of agree. UNLV was the most important, now it is the next game every week going forward.

Hard to ignore stupidity. I prefer to point it out so that the next time, you think a little harder before wasting a bunch of people's five seconds.

I'm ignoring you - so there ya go!

None of these games are as important as the Gophers getting conference wins. That's what really counts.

UNLV, the first win in the first game gets us going. Period.

Top Bottom