What I told Gopher fans after the game

libradawg

Reaction score
*No way any committee of any kind can hold this against you. Nobody is going to ever be expected to beat all of vsPSU @IA vsWIS nOSU. It just doesn't happen.* I know some cocky SEC fan would say *we have to do that stuff all the time*. Well, no. Their seasons don't have cold, winds, 30-40 degree temp changes. Bama would not run that schedule. All you have to do to be ready to play your system @NW.

You don't have to pummel NW. We had a season a lot like yours in 2015 and you guys came in and lost by only 7, but we jumped because we held 2 score leads most of the game.

Bottom line: Iowa fans brought it at home, Minnesota fans brought it to Kinnick, and both teams brought it. No shame in losing a CLASSIC Floyd B1G game. Especially when your playoff hopes are very much alive. Good luck.

Thank you. The better team played a sharper game and won a close game. Good stuff if frustrating for us.

Thank you. The better team played a sharper game and won a close game. Good stuff if frustrating for us.

I'm not sure about that, to me it looked like a textbook Home Field Advantage win. We're healthier and ACTUALLY playing Goodson now, but I don't think the better team top to bottom won that game.

Classy post...appreciate you stopping by. I went to the game yesterday and was treated very well by Hawkeye fans before, during, and after the game. I'd been to several games at Kinnick over the years and absored a fair amount of harrassment, so I was pretty pleased by the gracious attitudes I encountered yesterday for the most part. Lots of stuff like you're saying: tough to win at Kinnick, Minnesota might be a better team, Minnesota offense is really good, go beat Wisconsin and OSU, etc. Thanks again...good luck.

Thanks. Please tell Epenesa he’d be a fool to come back for his senior season.

*No way any committee of any kind can hold this against you. Nobody is going to ever be expected to beat all of vsPSU @IA vsWIS nOSU. It just doesn't happen.* I know some cocky SEC fan would say *we have to do that stuff all the time*. Well, no. Their seasons don't have cold, winds, 30-40 degree temp changes. Bama would not run that schedule. All you have to do to be ready to play your system @NW.

You don't have to pummel NW. We had a season a lot like yours in 2015 and you guys came in and lost by only 7, but we jumped because we held 2 score leads most of the game.

Bottom line: Iowa fans brought it at home, Minnesota fans brought it to Kinnick, and both teams brought it. No shame in losing a CLASSIC Floyd B1G game. Especially when your playoff hopes are very much alive. Good luck.

well and the doubly funny thing is, the teams we'd be compared with (Bama and Georgia) have no better victories than the one we have (PSU), Georgia's loss is substantially worse (there is zero way to argue it), and Alabama just lost their starting QB for the season. We are being punished by failing the eye test early in the season. If they were to win out, I don't see any way either of the aforementioned two teams would be able to get in ahead of us unless Georgia beats the doors off LSU and both LSU and Georgia get in (and in this case, I'd argue we're in ahead of OSU, who we would have just beat). Win the games in front of you and this will still be a very special season and already is to this point

Thank you, it was me and my family’s first time down at Kinnick. I enjoyed it a lot, even with the final score (that was depressing as hell). But the Iowa fans were nicer than I could have ever expected. Treated us very well, let us eat pulled pork sandwiches with them out front of the stadium during tailgating. A lot of fans saying hope we beat the crap out of the Badgers. It was nice. After the kindness, I don’t think it’d be fair of me to chant the “who hates Iowa?” Chant anymore. I can’t believe I’m saying it, but it seems as though the rivalry has changed into something much more respectful. I think it’s time to change the chant to “who hates Bucky?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks and welcome. If you haven't noticed, I think the GH has been very complimentary of the Iowa team. No shame in this loss, even if it hurts, and even if it would have been nice for these seniors to have held Floyd at least once. Iowa is a tough place for any good team to play. And it's definitely a good feeling when a team long in mediocrity is good enough for the home fans to storm the field afterwards.

Good luck in your bowl game, will be cheering our B1G mates on, like always.

Thank you, it was me and my family’s first time down at Kinnick. I enjoyed it a lot, even with the final score (that was depressing as hell). But the Iowa fans were nicer than I could have ever expected. Treated us very well, let us eat pulled pork sandwiches with them out front of the stadium during tailgating. A lot of fans saying hope we beat the crap out of the Badgers. It was nice. After the kindness, I don’t think it’d be fair of me to chant the “who hates Iowa?” Chant anymore. I can’t believe I’m saying it, but it seems as though the rivalry has changed into something much more respectful. I think it’s time to change the chant to “who hates Bucky?”

If you want to feel better about the “who hates Iowa” chant I can share some stories with you about things I have seen and heard on my 5 or 6 trips to Iowa City.

If you want to feel better about the “who hates Iowa” chant I can share some stories with you about things I have seen and heard on my 5 or 6 trips to Iowa City.

Yeah I’ve heard plenty of old reasons, and I was there in 2002 in the Dome for that massacre. But in 2019, I can’t say anything bad. Their fans were very nice to us the entire time. Some of them a bit cocky, like with the “good luck, you’ll need it” sounding comments. But it was way more of a friendly and fun environment than I expected to see.

Forgot to add...their fans could have rubbed it in our faces way worse. Storming the field should be totally acceptable when beating the #8 team in a trophy game. But their fans didn’t give us any grief as we left. Only encouraging words and “hey good game” comments. Really impressed.

Appreciate it. I’ve not seen any examples of a classy Iowa fan until now, so I’m glad you stopped by. My memory is still scarred by 2002 when visiting fans were urinating in the seats and tried to take our goal posts out the revolving door. Glad to know not all Iowa fans are heathens.

Thanks for the well-wishes. It was a painful loss for all here, but our season isn’t over yet. Still could get to the Rose Bowl which would be our best season in a very long time. Your team clearly came out with a game plan we weren’t expecting and executed brilliantly.

Be more impressed if we had won and they were gracious.

The problem is that their are some P5 teams that are favored by bias by the FBS squad that PICKS the final 4 That's why their has to be an 8 team playoff.

The winners of the P5 conferences get an automatic bid + the best 3 of the rest.

I hope you make it but before and after the NCAA had a top 4 playoff you have seen the bias.

Last edited:

Forgot to add...their fans could have rubbed it in our faces way worse. Storming the field should be totally acceptable when beating the #8 team in a trophy game. But their fans didn’t give us any grief as we left. Only encouraging words and “hey good game” comments. Really impressed.

There's a difference between the home game Iowa fans and those who travel. Absolute worst traveling fans in the B1G, no question.

well and the doubly funny thing is, the teams we'd be compared with (Bama and Georgia) have no better victories than the one we have (PSU), Georgia's loss is substantially worse (there is zero way to argue it), and Alabama just lost their starting QB for the season. We are being punished by failing the eye test early in the season. If they were to win out, I don't see any way either of the aforementioned two teams would be able to get in ahead of us unless Georgia beats the doors off LSU and both LSU and Georgia get in (and in this case, I'd argue we're in ahead of OSU, who we would have just beat). Win the games in front of you and this will still be a very special season and already is to this point

A lot of great posts here but I must start with this one, after reading the polls today. Apparently blowing a huge lead like a bunch of chumps at home vs OK is better than losing by 75 yards @ Iowa. BTN cited a stat that top 10 teams are 5-5 at Kinnick. Now, it should be 6-4, except we allowed the GW TD pass to Penn St, lol. Though I hate to see that disrespect to the B1G none of it matters, take care of business.

I can't speak for other Iowa fans but personally the reason I was gracious to your fans is because I see so much of us in you, from years past. We had that 2015 season, the 2009 season. You guys weren't there to be obnoxious, you were there because you're having a dream season and you just wanted to squeak out a tough win. And we know how it feels to lose that late game. No effing way we're rubbing that sh in.

Thanks. Please tell Epenesa he’d be a fool to come back for his senior season.

The science department says the formula to come up with the type of stupid it would take for him to stay will be available some time in 2058. We'll TOTALLY get Epenesa's grandson's nephew all 4 years.

Top Bottom