What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the dominating win over Nebraska?

What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the dominating win over Nebraska?

• A

Votes: 74 85.1%
  • B

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • C

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Flash30

I voted B. We played against a one dimensional QB and still had too many missed tackles. The D line was nice tonight.

GopherinPhilly

I thought they played well but against a back up QB and RB. Too many missed tackles as well. Great game and hopefully they can keep getting better...we will need them to play at Sconnie level to beat some of our Nov opponents.

Com_Cool

No it's reoccurring problem. I don't believe we have stopped anyone from scorring from red zone all year.
If you count field goals, I think this is true. They have stopped the offense from scoring TDs at least a few times though. It is something they can improve on but this game they limited Nebraska to only one trip to the red zone. Going back to last week, I don't think Illinois even found the red zone once.

Last edited:

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
15 in 6 games. That's 2.5 times a game using my math.
So we’re improving in other words from a “just dont let them in the red zone” aspect.

It’s hard to improve on red zone defense when you don’t let them in your red zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk