What grade would you give the Gophers coaching in the OT loss at Maryland?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • F

Votes: 63 68.5%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A D only because they played well in the second quarter.

This is my first F for Fleck and his staff.

The 3rd down run was awful at the end of regulation.
The not going for 2 when you have known kicker issues.
Not keeping a steady diet of throws to WR's (or even TE's).

At some point I wish we would also throw a pass to a RB like Potts. Like maybe a screen pass with a dual set backfield.

ROW THE BOAT UP MY ASS. Pj, I love you, but when I saw our first play to debut the season, on prime friggin time, it was a shank kick that looked like dog shit. I hope no recruits saw that!

But we’ll move on. And on Saturday’s sober dawn I hope you finally look Friggin Rossi in the eye and tell him his ass is going back to Vermont. The guy is a rat, peej!

DAE remember the intrepid Holer who uncovered Rossi’s suspicious CV? I think about that on days like this. It put a bad taste in my mouth that, even at last year’s exhilarating height, never quite left.

The turtling and awful mix of run/pass throughout, the awful awful awful defense and lack of ability to stop anything whatsoever in two games, the thought that not only should you punt back to a team you cannot stop at end of regulation instead of going for the win (and getting lucky to “stop” them), and that you should send out an injured kicker to try to tie and blow your best chance at a win in OT...these are inexcusable at this level.

Don’t forget that the team struggled in the first three games last year before finding a groove. It seems PJ and his teams are very slow season starters, and we can hope they start to figure things out...and grow a sack too.

That’s the worst game I’ve seen Fleck coach since he’s been here. It was absolute chicken sh^t.
Agree 100%. That loss was all on the coaches and the buck stops with Fleck. There is no excuse good enough to cover the stink. I’m a Fleck supporter but that was his team, his recruits and his strategy on display last night and it was all garbage. The O strategy in the 4th Q was exactly as you said...chicken$hit.

Top Bottom