What grade would you give the Gophers coaches in the loss to wisconsin?

• A

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • D

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • F

Votes: 61 57.5%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Coaches were much more aggressive and generally played to win today. Our team is just completely lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Is there a running total to show how many games received which grades?

F, for no adjustments, and an F for offensive creativity. PJ has to be better than this.

F it’s not close and no one will be held accountable

Except when game still tied in 2nd quarter with 3rd and 5, and PJ runs it at midfield to punt it away. Stupid!
Agreed. They were not more aggressive and running on third and five at that point was just a sign of giving up. Just as bad as in the second half with two runs at midfield and then a throw 20 yards over the receivers head on third down. This team lacks an identity and passion and the head coach better figure it out.

F for F.U. and the pussy mindset. Scared.
Wasn't long ago I heard a boisterous young coach "Do not be afraid to be a legend!!! Do not be afraid!!!"

Where did that guy go?
Good question. Retrenched to mediocrity and making pretty good money and not playing to win. Not sure what happened. Spot on. At the game I yelled come on you P word several times with our lack of aggressiveness and fight to win.

Although the poll is for the coaches this was a T.E.A.M. loss (and I'm assuming there's an acronym of some sort behind this). Coaches are part of the team too.

With that in mind graded a C.

Some things went well...even coaching...while others did not...including coaching. Just incapable this year of keeping what was working consistent over 4 quarters of play. Very frustrating.

I am scratching my head on these responses. Exactly what should the coaches have done differently yesterday? I see one example in all the posts of something specific. That was the run at midfield on 3rd and 5 and then punting. I was not a fan of that one either. But how in the hell do you blame that loss on the coaches? Don't give the old "we didn't make adjustments" thing. Give me a specific adjustment we should have made but didn't. We passed plenty yesterday. I thought the play calling was just fine. This loss was due to 1) overall level of talent (yes that is on the coaches but that isn't a one-game thing), 2) Lack of depth combined with injuries, 3) execution by our players, and 4) you have to give Wisconsin some credit.. They played well.

If anything deserves an 'F' it's player execution. AK was good some of the time, and then just brutal some others. If he pulled the ball on one or two of those read options, we likely score at least seven more. If he doesn't air mail a few of those throws (badly), we extend a few drives. We fumble midway through the 4th quarter on a long pass play. We drop a bubble screen where there was a seam. We can't tackle and we took bad angles.

I have said this before... I am off the PJ wagon. But this loss was not on the coaches.

Last edited:

I am scratching my head on these responses. Exactly what should the coaches have done differently yesterday? I see one example in all the posts of something specific. That was the run at midfield on 3rd and 5 and then punting. I was not a fan of that one either. But how in the hell do you blame that loss on the coaches? Don't give the old "we didn't make adjustments" thing. Give me a specific adjustment we should have made but didn't. We passed plenty yesterday. I thought the play calling was just fine. This loss was due to 1) overall level of talent (yes that is on the coaches but that isn't a one-game thing), 2) Lack of depth combined with injuries, 3) execution by our players, and 4) you have to give Wisconsin some credit.. They played well.

If anything deserves an 'F' it's player execution. AK was good some of the time, and then just brutal some others. If he pulled the ball on one or two of those read options, we likely score at least seven more. If he doesn't air mail a few of those throws (badly), we extend a few drives. We fumble midway through the 4th quarter on a long pass play. We drop a bubble screen where there was a seam. We can't tackle and we took bad angles.

I have said this before... I am off the PJ wagon. But this loss was not on the coaches.
It's a coaches job to motivate his team to rise to the challenge and grab life by the horn. PJ was hired because he was supposedly a great motivator. This team quit after the Illinois loss. That's all on the coaching staff.

Should’ve been only f option. That would have been more creative than pj game plan.

Coaches were much more aggressive and generally played to win today. Our team is just completely lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball.
Not the game I witnessed. Started out promising but fairly quickly looked like the same old gameplan on offense.

Top Bottom