What grade would you give Gophers coaching in win over Louisiana?

• A

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • B

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • C

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • D

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • F

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Still want some better play calling, and the secondary needs to get better on pass defense, but happy to see some improvement in red zone plays.

B. Great win, but some things need improved. Namely pass defense.

D

Still zero creativity on both sides of the ball. Fleck says when you fail you grow. We failed tremendously last week but I didn't see any growth today.

I guess I don't know why I would expect anything different.

Last edited:

So are they going to clean up mistakes, a learning thing, or just a new lower skill level? I don't know.

B.

Let's see more aggressive play-calling like today's game. The coaches should study the game films of other successful offenses.

Crooms (?) and AK were rolling, resulting in a very nice play.

Will we see more creativity with the WRs and TEs?

Forget about the run-first offense. Mix it up a little and be less predictable.

Last edited:

AK, still no touch.
D, terrible first half but good adjustment for second.
Redding, how do you not understand these things? Have to blame coaching.
Use Evans more.

I said C.

Why does this staff always feel the need to run the ball on the first play of a hurry up situation?
B.

Let's see more aggressive play-calling like today's game. The coaches should study the game films of other successful offenses.

Crooms (?) and AK were rolling, resulting in a very nice play.

Will we see more creativity with the WRs and TEs?

Forget about the run-first offense. Mix it up a little and be less predictable.
Someone will say, “we will open up the playbook against WI and IA”.

They say the same thing every year. We never open the playbook.

b, vanilla game but got the w

Our play pamphlet is always wide open.
Like Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show pamphlet? There are all sorts of spectacles.

The defense needs the offense to have 8 minute drives that end in touchdowns just exactly the way they did to start the third quarter and claim the lead for good.

This Gopher team doesn’t have the players to run offenses like USC or even Colorado did in their games today. Both of those had to score in the 40 point plus range because their defenses gave up so damn many points.

So, I WANT the coaching staff to know how the offense can help the defense and to realize how a well rested defense can shelter the offense when need be!

I believe the coaches know better than the fans how to accomplish a good balance to get wins with the players they do have THIS year.

Beat stinking Michigan Gopher!

2.75 out of 3.14

Improved, it was what was needed.

Folks looking for no mistakes and such must not have watched any games this season.

2.75 out of 3.14

Improved, it was what was needed.

Folks looking for no mistakes and such must not have watched any games this season.
I don't expect zero mistakes.
But a collegiate player fielding a kickoff that's clearly headed out of bounds? No excuse for that. Especially after last week.

Nothing struck me as terrible coaching, I just think we have some talent limitations. You could say the catch by Redding at the 4, but I can’t imagine he’s being coached to do that.

I went with a C. I was worried at half time we weren’t going to pull it out. The second half was better, but still some questionable calls and execution. They have to improve a lot to compete with Michigan.

Top Bottom