What do you want to see on Saturday?

diefirma

Reaction score
What will you be looking for on Saturday?

I will be watching the defensive tackles. I know Edwards is the real deal and people who have watched spring practice say Kirksey is as well. I think those two will be as good as any in the Big Ten this year. I think it is unlikely that our offense will be able to run up the middle on them. (If the offense can run up the middle on these two it bodes very well for our offense in the fall.) Most likely, the offense will have to run off tackle or around the end. These sorts of runs will illuminate, I think, how well the defensive ends will be able to hold the point and turn runs back inside. The other thing I will watch in regards to the defensive ends is their ability to generate a pass rush.

The other person I will be watching is, of course, Weber. Will good Weber from 2008 show up or will bad Weber from 2009 show up. I am not very worried about the receivers. Green and McKnight have Decker like hands, they just need to accurately run the routes which I am confident they can do with the simplified offense.

I am curious about some other things but I don't think they are as important as the line play or Weber's play. How will the new tight end look? Who will be the third receiver? How does Maresh look? or the linebackers in general?

Rain or no rain, it should be a fun day!

Here are the 40 questions I have for Saturday, 20 for O & D/ST each.

http://fringebowlteam.blogspot.com/2010/04/20-questions-for-saturday-defense.html

http://fringebowlteam.blogspot.com/2010/04/20-questions-for-saturday-offense.html

Also as a heads up, I'm going to make the effort and Live Blog from the Spring Game starting @ 1:00PM. Dunno if anyone else on the web is doing so but in a Ron Burgundy "I immediately regret this decision" kinda way, I'm giving it a shot to see how it goes - head over to FBT and check it out if you're interested.

What do I want to see on Saturday?

Efficient work from the OL. No mis-steps, no reaches, and some nice push.

Good coverage from the back 7, which could be helped by some pressure with the front 4. Just don't get beat deep.

Good decisions and ball control from the QBs.

The Sun.

How does Maresh look? or the linebackers in general?

I thought Maresh was suspended?

Given Tinsley's situation also, I agree with you, it will be interesting to see how the LBs perform since the Gophers are going down the depth chart to fill some positions.

As a reminder, I'm still live blogging today over at the site. Head over to the blog @ 1 for the beginning of live coverage.

Weber hit stoudermire for about 50 yards. Eskridge scores from one yard out.

Weber to mcknight on next possession for 35 yards. He's 2 for 2

Moses completes first pass to Green for 11

And they wonder why the fans are "fair-weather". It's too costly otherwise.

Top Bottom