What do you think the line will be for the Purdue game?

What will the line be for the Purdue game?

• Purdue -4+

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Purdue -3

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Purdue -2

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Purdue -1

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Pickem

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Gophers -1

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Gophers-2

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Gophers -3

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Gophers -4

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gophers -5+

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

die hard gopher

Reaction score
I'll say Gophers -3. I'm expecting Sindelar to play and I wouldn't expect Brohm to tell us if he isn't but if he isn't then I'd think it'd be gophers -6 or so. My confidence in this game is about the same as it was going into the Fresno game where we were 3-3.5 favorites.

According to what I've heard about the basic oddsmaker formula, Purdue will get about 3 points for being the home team.

I'm guessing Purdue -5 to open.

Pick’EM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also ESPN’s FPI gives Minnesota a 61% chance to win.

Last edited:

Purdue -4

Last edited:

Vandy was +7 at Purdue, TCU was -3.5. Pickem' sounds about right.

Pick em on a neutral site, -3 for home field. So Purdue -3

Pick'em but the Gophers get spanked by 17 from a team pissed about last year's embarrassing performance.

I saw that. That said, I think we'll lose by 15+. I'll still watch, but I think it will be ugly.

200w.webp

I know you never said it wasn't an opinion, but that meme is just too perfect :)

I'd be curious on your reasons for why you think it'll get ugly. From what I've seen of Purdue, they're very average in a lot of areas: running the ball, pass pro, stopping the run chief among them. THe strength of their team (racking up lots of passing yards) seems to align with the strength of our D (solid cover CBs and a couple good pass rushers). Plus, they seem a little banged up.

I'm not ready to make a prediction because I'd like to see how healthy both teams are next week -- and also see how some of their opponents fare on Saturday -- but I have a hard time envisioning a blowout for either team.

200w.webp

I know you never said it wasn't an opinion, but that meme is just too perfect :)

I'd be curious on your reasons for why you think it'll get ugly. From what I've seen of Purdue, they're very average in a lot of areas: running the ball, pass pro, stopping the run chief among them. THe strength of their team (racking up lots of passing yards) seems to align with the strength of our D (solid cover CBs and a couple good pass rushers). Plus, they seem a little banged up.

I'm not ready to make a prediction because I'd like to see how healthy both teams are next week -- and also see how some of their opponents fare on Saturday -- but I have a hard time envisioning a blowout for either team.

Football is the biggest fake-you-out sport.

Maryland didn't look great going into the game last year. Lost to Temple at home pretty convincingly.

Status of Sindelar is key. If he's out, we're slightly favored. If he's playing, we're slight dogs.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict the line for the Gopher-Purdue game will be Shluester, Andries, Olson, Dunlap, and Faalele.

This might be the most even poll among 10 different options I have ever seen on Gopherhole. Very interesting seeing the wide range of predictions. Most GH polls usually only have 1-2 obvious answers.

Gophers would definitely be favorites at a neutral site. Only question in my mind is if they would give ~5 points or ~2 points, which could flip the money-line. Remember that Purdue has had arguably the worst start relative to expectations in the Big 10, and a banged-up QB.

Gopher SP+ is 7.3.
Purdue SP+ is 2.8.
That implies a line of Gophers -1.5 on the road. It should be pretty close to even money depending on injury news.

People that are voting Purdue -4 are dumb unless they have inside injury info.

Last edited:

I saw that. That said, I think we'll lose by 15+. I'll still watch, but I think it will be ugly.

I don't get this take either. It's funny how much respect some of the gopher fan base seems to have for Brohm and Purdue.

I don't get this take either. It's funny how much respect some of the gopher fan base seems to have for Brohm and Purdue.

Maybe he just doesn’t respect how the Gophers have played?

Purdue -2

Good rule of thumb to follow that some of the wise guys go with; assuming 3 points for home field, flip the home field and see if that makes sense. Purdue (-2) at home would flip to the Gophers (-4) at home, which I think is about right.

Also ESPN’s FPI gives Minnesota a 61% chance to win.

Awesome. Does that mean we don't have to play, just chalk up the win? Nothing more predictable than college football!

TCU, who beat Purdue 34-13 in West Lafayette last week, is currently losing to SMU.

Top Bottom