What do you think the line will be for the Purdue game?

What will the line be for the Purdue game?

• Purdue -4+

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Purdue -3

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Purdue -2

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Purdue -1

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Pickem

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Gophers -1

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Gophers-2

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Gophers -3

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Gophers -4

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gophers -5+

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

die hard gopher

I'll say Gophers -3. I'm expecting Sindelar to play and I wouldn't expect Brohm to tell us if he isn't but if he isn't then I'd think it'd be gophers -6 or so. My confidence in this game is about the same as it was going into the Fresno game where we were 3-3.5 favorites.

RememberMurray

According to what I've heard about the basic oddsmaker formula, Purdue will get about 3 points for being the home team.

I'm guessing Purdue -5 to open.

MGGopher

I saw that. That said, I think we'll lose by 15+. I'll still watch, but I think it will be ugly.

I know you never said it wasn't an opinion, but that meme is just too perfect :)

I'd be curious on your reasons for why you think it'll get ugly. From what I've seen of Purdue, they're very average in a lot of areas: running the ball, pass pro, stopping the run chief among them. THe strength of their team (racking up lots of passing yards) seems to align with the strength of our D (solid cover CBs and a couple good pass rushers). Plus, they seem a little banged up.

I'm not ready to make a prediction because I'd like to see how healthy both teams are next week -- and also see how some of their opponents fare on Saturday -- but I have a hard time envisioning a blowout for either team.

MnplsGopher

I know you never said it wasn't an opinion, but that meme is just too perfect :)

I'd be curious on your reasons for why you think it'll get ugly. From what I've seen of Purdue, they're very average in a lot of areas: running the ball, pass pro, stopping the run chief among them. THe strength of their team (racking up lots of passing yards) seems to align with the strength of our D (solid cover CBs and a couple good pass rushers). Plus, they seem a little banged up.

I'm not ready to make a prediction because I'd like to see how healthy both teams are next week -- and also see how some of their opponents fare on Saturday -- but I have a hard time envisioning a blowout for either team.
Football is the biggest fake-you-out sport.

Maryland didn't look great going into the game last year. Lost to Temple at home pretty convincingly.

Otis

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict the line for the Gopher-Purdue game will be Shluester, Andries, Olson, Dunlap, and Faalele.

die hard gopher

This might be the most even poll among 10 different options I have ever seen on Gopherhole. Very interesting seeing the wide range of predictions. Most GH polls usually only have 1-2 obvious answers.

SixBySix

Gophers would definitely be favorites at a neutral site. Only question in my mind is if they would give ~5 points or ~2 points, which could flip the money-line. Remember that Purdue has had arguably the worst start relative to expectations in the Big 10, and a banged-up QB.

hello-world

Gopher SP+ is 7.3.
Purdue SP+ is 2.8.
That implies a line of Gophers -1.5 on the road. It should be pretty close to even money depending on injury news.

People that are voting Purdue -4 are dumb unless they have inside injury info.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Purdue -2

Good rule of thumb to follow that some of the wise guys go with; assuming 3 points for home field, flip the home field and see if that makes sense. Purdue (-2) at home would flip to the Gophers (-4) at home, which I think is about right.