What are you hoping to see from the Gophers in the Texas Bowl

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
I am looking forward to the game and "bowl game wishes" are:
1. Get Jamel Harbison and Rodrick Williams involved. I believe these guys are talented and the team could really use them in the seasons to come.
2. A small demonstration of a hurry up/2 minute offense. This is something the team will need next year if they want to take another step forward.

1. 60% comp. from Nelson
2. No drops from WR's or Maxx
3. 1 int from a DB
4. Cockran w/ 1 sack
5. 265 yds rushing
6. Don't really care about 1-5 as long as we win...
7. Jerry on the sideline

Just want a W. That's all. 9-4 would look pretty sweet.

A win and a preview of what next years passing game will be like with Wolitarsky and Jones.

I want to see total domination by the Gopher Offense and Defense. Of course I want a win, but I'm getting to the point that we need to make a statement that we're graduating up to the next level. It doesn't hurt that their annoying fanbase needs to be humbled as well.

I want to see our offense score a touchdown. And a win, obviously. But I hope the offensive TD comes early to give our guys some confidence.

A win. Its the last game of the season, so I am not worried about us setting ourselves up for the next game. We have spring ball and training camp to do that. Just win the game.

A Win, no matter what.

But, I would really like to see the Gophs play a complete game - no lapses, no 'dead zones' on offense or defense.
Take control of the game and don't let up.

Also, I would like to see both QB's get opportunities. I still think Leidner can be a very good change-of-pace as a running QB, with a few passes worked in to keep the defense honest.

I will also put in a vote for "hotter" cheerleaders.

I want to see total domination by the Gopher Offense and Defense. Of course I want a win, but I'm getting to the point that we need to make a statement that we're graduating up to the next level. It doesn't hurt that their annoying fanbase needs to be humbled as well.

This is the biggest thing I'm looking for. I want to see an all out attack. Run up the score as much as possible to show people we could be for real next year.

A win and a preview of what next years passing game will be like with Wolitarsky and Jones.

It'd be nice if we could get a glimpse of what these two are capable of. No drops by Wolitarsky would be outstanding.

Time of Possession: Minnesota 47 Minutes, Syracuse 13

I want this too if it means we are running with authority and not turning over the ball. As said by another(others) I would like solid convincing win in all phases, but just win is the call of the day for me.

I just hope we win. Smack talk on our side hasn't helped the cause. My bet is that Syracuse will be up for the game and may be ahead at the half. Hopefully, Gophers will pull it out after halftime adjustments.

A thrashing of a win. Imposing our will. We need to make a statement here with a dominating performance.

No mental mistakes. No game-management mistakes. No loss of emotional control. Effective, relentless running attack. Allowing no big plays.

Get D.Jones involved in many ways - new, old, traditional, and creative ways.

I want to see a good representation of fans. Right now ticket sales are about double of what they were last year through
the U ( a little over 2,000 last year ) This year the ticket office is much more organized.

I just hope we win. Smack talk on our side hasn't helped the cause. My bet is that Syracuse will be up for the game and may be ahead at the half. Hopefully, Gophers will pull it out after halftime adjustments.

Smack talk on our side???? What smack talk?

Jerry Kill, his staff, and his players certainly do not do any smack talking.

What smack talk are you speaking of that "did not help the cause"? Please, I hope you (GPG) are not referring to the very mild pissing match with the SU Fan Football Board by Olboy41 and a few others.

The Syracuse players do not give two craps about anything posted on these boards, and if that is the motivation they are counting on to turn the tide, they will be destroyed next week.

I expect to see a lot of crying on the Suckacuse sidelines and in the stands by their Mommas.

Dallas cowboy cheerleader-esque outfits on the cheerleaders would be nice too.
Make sure to go to the TCU game. Their dance line wears exact replicas, only in purple. I went to the Oregon State vs TCU opener at Jerry's World in 2010 and have never seen so many attractive young ladies.

Top Bottom