Whalen: "Regardless of everything that happened, I'm a Gopher for life"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per her interview with Chad Hartman:

"I don't think necessarily, like, angry," explains Whalen. "But it's just like introspective. What could I have done different? What could I have done better? I don't know. And I don't think anybody who is a competitor, you want to win and we just didn't win enough."

Whalen hopes young athletes from Minnesota will continue to want to stay here in the state for their college playing careers.

"Regardless of everything that happened, I'm a Gopher for life," she says. "I went to school there and I grew up dreaming of playing there, and hopefully continually we have young men and women from here that want to stay and play."

Go Gophers!!

Class act. No one wants to be fired. And hardly anyone receives it graciously. Well done, Lindsay.
Agree. In an odd way, things might get harder for Lindsay over time. The contrast between the good coaching of Coach P and Lindsay will be increasingly apparent over time.

I never expected anything less from Lindsay. She's a class act and a Gopher through and through. No one wanted to succeed more than Lindsay, it just didn't work out. I think she set the program up for success with the stellar class of Holloway, Braun, Battle, and Heyer. I'm eager to see how much Coach P can get out of them.

Like others have said, and I am in total agreement with, Lindsay is a class act and I love her comments. She gave coaching the Gophers a great shot. Sadly, it did not work out as she, and many of us, hoped that it would.

Top Bottom