Westerhaus to be next commit according to Walters

I'm still waiting for him to receive that Notre Dame offer...

Link
The item is near the bottom.

To see how dedicated the PressPatch is to U football, just go to www.twincities.com, and on the top nav, hover over "Sports". When the selection expands, go down to Gophers Football. The page is so up to date, it's scary.

Or you can click this link to get there.

which position are we looking at him for, LB or TE? Either way I figured this offer would maybe get pulled given how many commits we currently have at each position. It also appears we are hard after other LBs that look a little more talented. I don't know much about Peter but what do others think of his talents?

which position are we looking at him for, LB or TE? Either way I figured this offer would maybe get pulled given how many commits we currently have at each position. It also appears we are hard after other LBs that look a little more talented. I don't know much about Peter but what do others think of his talents?

We want him as a TE, and he wants to play TE. Size/speed ratio is pretty good, and he has a lot of room to grow taller and heavier. Seems the staff is looking at him as a monster blocking TE who can also catch the ball, and will be a special teams demon. Think of him as a more-talented version of Curtis Hughes or Collin McGarry.

If he commits, we'll be done recruiting TEs in this cycle.

He's a very similar player to Nick Rengel IMO. A TE/Hback type with better than average speed and hands. I hope he does commit, he'd put an end to recruiting QB, TE, OL, and maybe LB save for special talents and possibly a center prospect.
We do need all these TE's too. After Lair and Eure graduate we have nothing, and we're going to need at least 3 functional TE's every year, most likely Rohr will be a more in line type, with LaCosse and Westerhaus more of Hback/Slot type guys.

Finishing up on these positions is going to pay dividends if the staff can concentrate on bringing in top rated skill position guys and defenders. The fringe blog links this morning had a few big time prospects mentioning us in serious contention, RB Poteat and LB Ramik Wilson are big time, and the blurb about us maybe offering the DB Andre Clark in the fall points to me that we'll try to get him in for a visit and have him bring along Rodney Coe(my theory), though Clark is an ok prospect on his own. Add in the recruitment of guys like Sankey and Darrian Miller, Cam McDaniel, a bunch of WR's and DB's, we'll have plenty of time for coaches to work on guys during the season.

Good pick-up if true.

I like the kid - I think he'll be a good player. They're certainly be some good competition at TE the next couple of years. Good problem to have.

The Twins' one-hour, 52-minute game against the Chicago White Sox on Saturday at Target Field, because it went so quickly, probably cost the Twins thousands of dollars in concession money. Fans would have spent more money had the game lasted longer. Twins games have lasted an average of nearly two hours, 50 minutes this season.

But the Twins' Monday night game against Cleveland lasted nearly four hours, so that likely made up for Sunday's shortfall.

Another slow news day for the little birdie....

Another slow news day for the little birdie....

HA HA. Exactly. What the birdie also failed to mention is that 2 minutes after that 1:52 length game completed the 4th Horseman of the apocolypse rode through and flooded the Twin Cities so even a normal length game would have cost the Twins $$.

Ok, back on topic. I hope they land Westerhaus. Seems like a good "plugger" type of player that you need to have a part of your program to build depth.

Some athletes rise to the level of their competition. I have a feeling he'll be extremely productive by the time he's a senior as a Gopher.

Too bad Shooter can't even list the correct high school for the kid.....

Does anyone know if young Westerhaus is related to Paul Westerhaus who played a couple of years for the Gophers way back when (late 1970s I think)? I worked with a Peter Westerhaus for a few months in the early 1980s and he was Paul's younger brother. Just curious if this is Pete or Paul's son.

Good pick-up if true.

I sat by Peter for a while during the spring game. He'll look good getting off the bus on game day. No way he choose Iowa St. over the gophs.

And yes, Peter is related to Paul, who is his uncle. He's the son of Jon.

Top Bottom