well, at least darcy pohland (wcco 4) is an equal opportunity sponge for bitchers

Reaction score
a few neighbors complain about light from target field and of course darcy pohland is there to capture those "complaints". is this all she does?! go around looking for minnesotans who are complaining about random *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#?!

anyways, darcy somehow managed to go with a little less sensationalizing of this one.....as opposed to some of the over-the-top, factually incorrect junk that she shot with clueless, whiney tcf bank stadium "neighbors" who live nearly 2 miles away from the football stadium! :rolleyes:

http://wcco.com/sports/target.field.lights.2.1280137.html

If I'm not mistaken she is a pretty big Gopher football fan, though. Wasn't she on that one special on TCF prior to the opening of the stadium?

They're redoing the road around work right now and it's been going on for awhile. It creates problems for me going to work everyday. They should do a story about my inconveniences.

Seriously, this is just getting ridiculous.

They're redoing the road around work right now and it's been going on for awhile. It creates problems for me going to work everyday. They should do a story about my inconveniences.

Seriously, this is just getting ridiculous.

do they sell curtains or blinds in minneapolis?

a few neighbors complain about light from target field and of course darcy pohland is there to capture those "complaints". is this all she does?! go around looking for minnesotans who are complaining about random *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#?!

anyways, darcy somehow managed to go with a little less sensationalizing of this one.....as opposed to some of the over-the-top, factually incorrect junk that she shot with clueless, whiney tcf bank stadium "neighbors" who live nearly 2 miles away from the football stadium! :rolleyes:

Please take it easy on Darcy - I'm not sure exactly how news people work - but I'm guessing a lot are assigned stories that they may, or may not want to cover.

And yes, Darcy is not only a huge Gopher fan, but a great person.

Please take it easy on Darcy - I'm not sure exactly how news people work - but I'm guessing a lot are assigned stories that they may, or may not want to cover.

Yeah I agree, I doubt if Darcy is the one coming up these "stories." She probably doesn't have a lot of say in what she has to cover.

Just gets old when they try to put a negative twist on everything.

no one is questioning darcy's allegiance to the gophers. i know that to be a fact and praise her for it. also, i don't think anyone has really taken any shots at her in particular. she seems like a good person. rather it is the fact that she seems so eager (to a fault imo) to search out and give precious on-air time to just about any joe-blow type who might have a small gripe with something. at least to me it does not seem to simply be a case of newsroom assignment coincidence.

as gophersiniowa said: it just gets old

I've said this before but I found it facinating how the reporters swarmed like bees to the St. Anthony neighborhood to check out the complaints about noise after the Air Force game, but (to my knowledge) not a single one of them returned for any following games to see for themselves what that noise was like. I would think that would be a good follow up considering how much air time and print space they dedicated to the "noise problem."

That fiasco was only topped by the "crime problem" tied via headlines and photo captions to TCF Bank Stadium in that WCCO website article. But, even after naming the stadium and associating it a bazillion times with the rowdy students, the article finally came clean by mentioning the worst weekend happened to occur during an away gopher game when the stadium wasn't in use.

You choose to live in a University neighborhood you take the good with the bad. Noisy crowds five times a year doesn't seem to be to bad. Why even give these people a voice, it's crazy. Go inside, close your windows and blinds for a few hours, I think they could survive it.

I would think the sounds would add to the fall atmosphere.

no one is questioning darcy's allegiance to the gophers. i know that to be a fact and praise her for it. also, i don't think anyone has really taken any shots at her in particular. she seems like a good person. rather it is the fact that she seems so eager (to a fault imo) to search out and give precious on-air time to just about any joe-blow type who might have a small gripe with something. at least to me it does not seem to simply be a case of newsroom assignment coincidence.

as gophersiniowa said: it just gets old

She doesn't search people out. That's not her job. People send their complaints to WCCO. The decision is made by her bosses to do a story. She gets sent out to do it. This type of story has become part of her "beat" so to speak. I'd be extremely surprised to learn that she is doing more than going where her bosses are pointing. Would you suggest she say no to her bosses? I'm not sure that's a wise move in a down economy. If you want to bitch, point your displeasure towards the editorial staff at WCCO, not Darcy.

Top Bottom