Week 8 Other Games Thread

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Some juicy games this week

Clemson @ Louisville - Probably the one ACC team that could pull off the upset, although I don't see it.
Purdue @ Iowa - No defense vs No Offense - We could use a Boiler Win
Baylor @ Oklahoma St - First loss for Baylor
Michigan @ Penn St - One of the East teams will get a painful loss
Oregon @ Washington - Should be a good game of Pac 12 hopefuls when the season started
Florida St @ Wake Forest - Can Wake keep up their good season in a game they should win at home?
Temple @ SMU - SMU is a darling undefeated. But we know Temple is good. This could be a classic mid-major game.

I see the Mich/PSU game as either a close upset for Mich or a 2 TD home win for PSU.

I'll be rooting for a PSU win.

Boy did Stanford look like crap last night. A awful UCLA team ran up and down the field on them. I'm interested to see if Stanford bounces back next year.

Looks like a sellout in Evanston

OSU and Wisconsin both have similar M.O.s:

Play hard, play smart, don't make mistakes, wait for superior talent to wear the other team down.

At first it looked like NW might give them a game, but... nope.

You miss one tackle, or you vacate your gap for an instant, and you're watching the guy's back as he sprints into the end zone.

Definitely a rebuilding year for Wildcats.

I don’t know if OSU is that good, NW is that bad or both.

Rooting for the fighting lovie smiths, PSU and Purdue this week.

Oof. Put Northwestern solidly in the expected win column.

Pretty incredible how this season has turned out, in that sense.

I would say at this point, that’s 9 out of 12 games ...

I'll say this. Wisconsin doesn't have the offense to stay with Ohio St. They have similar defenses, but I can't see them scoring more than 14. I'll guess OSU beats them 31-14.

And it was nice to scout a potential Big Ten Championship opponent tonight. ;)

I'll say this. Wisconsin doesn't have the offense to stay with Ohio St. They have similar defenses, but I can't see them scoring more than 14. I'll guess OSU beats them 31-14.

And it was nice to scout a potential Big Ten Championship opponent tonight. ;)

Should be much closer than that. Wisc defense so far has proven to be better than OSU's.

That’s been the case since we learned they don’t have a QB. Their offense is almost as bad as Rutgers’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sophmore running back is a bruiser though and Northwestern Defense looked okay at times. Although they couldn't get OSU off the field...

As always, hoping Harblow and Michigan lose.

Fresno St put up 56 against Vic Viramontes and UNLV.
5 rushing TD's for Fresno.

Vic had 2 tackles. 1 TFL for UNLV.

UNLV has a linebacker transfer from Florida, Rayshard Jackson who had the speed to close in on a WR to stop a TD. That was impressive to see.

WHEN WE PLAY OSU, we will need to control the ball running to minimize the possessions.
Try to keep the score around 31-35 for us and 12-15 for them.

;)

Have you seen this happen before?

Northwesterns defense is solid but their offense is so bad it kills them. They never flip the field or sustain a drive to help the D out.

Gophers might not score a ton early against Northwestern but I don’t see Northwestern scoring much against the Gophers

I was looking at Urban Meyer’s Wikipedia page, and noticed that he’s still employed by OSU, as an Assistant Athletics Director, and confirmed it by looking him up on the Buckeye website. Maybe this isn’t news to anyone else here, but I didn’t know. Seems like a bit of a conflict of interest, but it’s probably not the first time a network has hired an employee of a university as an analyst.

—-

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/staff/urban-meyer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that turnover stands, that’s a rough one for Purdue

If that turnover stands, that’s a rough one for Purdue

A. Fwd progress was stopped, should have been blown dead
B. Review wasn't conclusive, but looked like he was down

A. Fwd progress was stopped, should have been blown dead
B. Review wasn't conclusive, but looked like he was down

Yeah the forward progress thing is what really bothered me there. They dragged him back a good 2 yards before the fumble occurred.

Top Bottom