Week 8 Other Games Thread

I get that a lot of teams, including Minnesota, are still in this situation, but keep in mind that Penn State hadn't really played anyone before tonight. They ended up almost blowing a 21-point lead at home to a so-so Michigan team.

They could very well be a top-10 team, but I think there's also a decent chance that they're more of a top 15-20 range team. They're good but I don't quite see them as an Ohio State caliber giant.

If Iowa was able to hang tight with PSU at home, then certainly there's a win for the taking at TCF bank on 11/9.

Last edited:

How about SMU??? Solid win over a tough Temple team.

Literally, back from the dead! With Boise losing to BYU last night, I can easily see SMU getting the G5 bid into the New Year's 6 bowls. Wouldn't that be something?

Baylor won too, not surprised. They get OU and Texas at home. Don't think they can beat the Sooners, but can probably take out UT.

I get that a lot of teams, including Minnesota, are still in this situation, but keep in mind that Penn State hadn't really played anyone before tonight. They ended up almost blowing a 21-point lead at home to a so-so Michigan team.

They could very well be a top-10 team, but I think there's also a decent chance that they're more of a top 15-20 range team. They're good but I don't quite see them as an Ohio State caliber giant.

If Iowa was able to hang tight with PSU at home, then certainly there's a win for the taking at TCF bank on 11/9.

That's a really good Michigan team. Not great but really good. And those receivers for Penn St are something to behold and their defense is really good. Its going to take some adult men football to beat them. The first half effort against Rutgers won't be nearly good enough.

That's a really good Michigan team. Not great but really good. And those receivers for Penn St are something to behold and their defense is really good. Its going to take some adult men football to beat them. The first half effort against Rutgers won't be nearly good enough.

How about the whole game effort against Nebraska?

How about the whole game effort against Nebraska?

We are at home against Penn St. That and playing our best means we can win. I'm just saying we won't overcome some of our bonehead plays that we have gotten away with earlier in the year. We cannot give up defensive touchdowns or turn the ball over. We cannot keep dropping passes or have Tanner have an off day. That all said, let's worry about Maryland. I want to be 8-0...

Top Bottom