Week 4 Other Games Thread

UCLA just scored a TD but Washington St is still in control, 49-31.

UCLA TAKES THE LEAD! On a punt return they take it to the house. 60-56.

63-60 but still 6:11 to go which could mean final scores in the 80s and possibly 100s if we go to overtime

UCLA recovers a fumble and scores a touchdown. 67-63. WOW.

This UCLA-Wazzu game is unreal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s probably going to take a 10th TD pass by Wazzu to win. What are the odds of ever having to say that?!?!?!

Down 32 in the second half and UCLA wins.

ITS OVER.

UCLA recovered ANOTHER fumble and wins 67-63.

Hail mary for Colorado State falls short against Toledo, but they got close.

Hawaii is still playing Central Arkansas!

Last edited:

Hawaii defeats Central Arkansas 35-16 and Week 4 is officially finished. I miss Gopher football already, on to Week 5!

Seven Top 25 Teams who lost this week:

10 Utah
11 Michigan - ripped apart by WI.
15 UCF to Pitt (2-2)
17 Texas A&M (2-2 now)
19 Washington St to UCLA.
24 Arizona St to Colorado
25 TCU to SMU (4-0)

Colorado and SMU might move to top 25 with their wins.
UCF could fall out with the Pitt loss.
Texas A&M likely still stays in with two losses.

Washington St had a 32 point lead. Third largest lead lost.

Washington St was wearing grey uniforms.

Anthony Gordon, QB-Wash St: 41/61 - 570 yards - 9 TD's - 2 Ints.
I don't know how many QB's lost when throwing 9 TD passes.

Holy crap. Well there is a reason Wazzu has their own verb.....Coug’d it!

Is it fair to say Claeys defense had an off night?

Anyone in the stadium who had anything to do with defense had an off night. In fairness to Wazzu’s defense the offense turned it over 6 (!) times and their special teams gave up a kickoff return for a TD and a punt return for a TD. it was a crazy ass game!

Anyone in the stadium who had anything to do with defense had an off night. In fairness to Wazzu’s defense the offense turned it over 6 (!) times and their special teams gave up a kickoff return for a TD and a punt return for a TD. it was a crazy ass game!

Yeah that was insane! You can't say they were tired because each scoring drive was seconds long most of the time. It was 1st down, pass...80 yard score. It seemed like every play for UCLA. Wild game, didn't like the 1:30 finish or whatever it was but fun to watch.

Other than a handful of teams at the very top, college football is loaded with inconsistency. That’s why you just take the W any way you can get it, and move on, whether you need a late TD to beat an FCS team, or 700 yards of offense to overcome 4 fumbles and 12 penalties against a trash Illinois team. Style points only really matter for teams with a realistic chance to get into the playoff.

Well almost as if on cue, both Arizona State and Washington State lose, at home.

That leaves Cal as the lone undefeated team in the PAC, which is probably the most likely hope for the PAC to get into the CFP. Although Notre Dame losing does help. It is certainly possible that 1-loss champions will have a shot.

Well almost as if on cue, both Arizona State and Washington State lose, at home.

That leaves Cal as the lone undefeated team in the PAC, which is probably the most likely hope for the PAC to get into the CFP. Although Notre Dame losing does help. It is certainly possible that 1-loss champions will have a shot.

I'm still not sure any PAC 12 team will have only one loss. They will continue to beat up on each other. Maybe Utah. But Utah won't get in. They'll pick a one loss Georgia over them.

I refuse to believe that a #N9NEWINS former Gopher Head Coach, elite defensive coordinator and elite football mind Tracey Claeys was part of a team that blew a 32-point lead to UCLA. He got #9wInS here. Hope he enjoys the Pullman, WA winters.

I refuse to believe that a #N9NEWINS former Gopher Head Coach, elite defensive coordinator and elite football mind Tracey Claeys was part of a team that blew a 32-point lead to UCLA. He got #9wInS here. Hope he enjoys the Pullman, WA winters.

I mean, Chip Kelly wasn't exactly a slouch on offense, back in the day.

you're an implement

UCLA had scored only 14 points in each of their three previous games.

This tidbit from ESPN...

UCLA: The Bruins came in as the only Pac-12 team averaging fewer than 300 yards of offense per game (263), but they finally put some points on the scoreboard.

Top Bottom