Week 1 Locks

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Had NW plus the points and ILL minus the points in week zero. This week looking at PSU -3 against Purdue and ILL +3 against IU.

What else are people looking at?

I like PSU -3.5ish as well. I'd take Illinois and the points.

UNC even vs App St is fun but not sure how I'd bet it.

Ark-6 seems lock to me. Cincinnati won't be there this year.

Had NW plus the points and ILL minus the points in week zero. This week looking at PSU -3 against Purdue and ILL +3 against IU.

I can't believe ILL is +3 against IU. I hammered that at opening thinking it would flip, but WTF do I know, lol?!

Here's a few others I feel really good about:

WKU - 16.5 @ Hawaii (I couldn't believe how bad UH looked against Vandy)
ND +17.5 @ OSU (OSU will certainly win, but this is a huge line against a very talented team)
Kentucky -16 vs. Miami OH (Miami could be very good, but UK is so talented)
Maryland -24 vs. Buffalo (Maryland always crushes in the non-con)
WMU +22 @ MSU (In-state game, I think MSU takes a big step back this year)

As far as the top 25 games and B10
Agree with Arkansas -6. That team should be talented this year and Cinci unloaded. Tough way to open the season
Like the Houston-UTSA over 61.5. Lesser confidence but both teams have their QBs back and can score
Kind of like Oregon to cover the 17. Nix has played GA before and I think GA struggles to move the ball a little more with the changes at RB, WR. Hard to know how Oregon will react to more bully ball/ground and pound (as we saw with Utah last year) but think this one will be close.
PSU-Pur over sounded nice but has been ballooning. I'd probably hit it if it settles around 52. Purdue lost some playmakers off what was a bad defense but the offense should move the ball
I like Illinois outright @ Indiana. They looked good last week and I see Indiana having issues moving the ball all year
I'd expect Michigan to cover the 30.5 as well.

I like ILL +3
I don’t like PSU

Really hard to bet week 1 for me

Don't forget Oregon lost their top back to USC. And also lost to Stanford last year. I think Georgia kills them.

I like PSU -3.5ish as well. I'd take Illinois and the points.

UNC even vs App St is fun but not sure how I'd bet it.

Ark-6 seems lock to me. Cincinnati won't be there this year.
I think I meant for Illinois to lay the points? I dunno.

PSU was tight. Parlay with gophers under and Arkansas-6 alive and well.

How are we doing so far? Wound up going big on the PSU-PU and WVU-Pitt over. Got too gunshy on the gopher spread. Anyone playing anything tonight?

I like ILL +3
I don’t like PSU

Really hard to bet week 1 for me
Well I would’ve been 0-1 if I would’ve bet this week as ILL+3 is the only game I would’ve taken

Top Bottom