Weather vs Nebraska

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
This is a very early look at the weather vs Nebraska, but the general weather pattern next week looks dry and mild. My current thoughts are partly cloudy with a kickoff temperature of 58 and a light south wind of 5 mph.

My chili is already boiling hot for this game since it will be the first one I'm able to attend this season, and my first week back living in Minnesota.

This is a very early look at the weather vs Nebraska, but the general weather pattern next week looks dry and mild. My current thoughts are partly cloudy with a kickoff temperature of 58 and a light south wind of 5 mph.

My chili is already boiling hot for this game since it will be the first one I'm able to attend this season, and my first week back living in Minnesota.

Excellent! You keep that chili on a fast simmer, GWG; we need fan enthusiasm for that game!

I'm flying back for that game too. Hope the weather holds like you're saying

I'll be in the stands as well, and very cheered by your forecast.

Weather vs Nebraska

My first thought was, WOW, even the weather is against Scott Frost and Nebraska?? They've REALLY got it tough!

Thanks GWG! Great forecast for our southern visitors.

My first Gopher game was Nebraska at the Dome in 1989. Not a good day...but was in Lincoln for that victory a few years ago.

Have some Huskers coming up so looking forward to perfect tailgate conditions...to go with a W on the field...

Thanks GWG! Great forecast for our southern visitors.

My first Gopher game was Nebraska at the Dome in 1989. Not a good day...but was in Lincoln for that victory a few years ago.

Have some Huskers coming up so looking forward to perfect tailgate conditions...to go with a W on the field...

Make sure your friends find their way to the Dome okay. We don't want them getting lost

I read the National weather service long range forecast discussion. Way too early to tell but it does look positive.

Unbelievable. It's Illinois (Weather) week and you guys are looking ahead to Nebraska (Weather) week.

Welcome back and thanks for the forecast! This will be the first game of the year that I'll get to do an extended tailgate for. That's good drinking weather!

Unbelievable. It's Illinois (Weather) week and you guys are looking ahead to Nebraska (Weather) week.

There really is nothing more worthless than a 10 day weather projection.

Hell, the weather for the Illinois game in 3 days is a total crapshoot.

Your first point can be argued. Point two is just not true.

We know the approx temp for Saturday, sure. We have a DECENT idea of how things will look precipitation wise, but won't know for certain until 12-18 hours out. I monitor numerous weather apps like a hawk. The models are almost always some degree of incorrect.

Ruh Roh. End of next week into Saturday seems to be taking a turn in the models toward cold and wet.

Would much rather deal with below-freezing and snow. But as Zeppelin notes we only have model outputs until much closer to gameday.

Still will party hearty but more inside than out.

If the weather is bad, does that mean Nebraska 'won't want to be here'?

Last edited:

They going to do a sideline change like they talked about this off season?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They going to do a sideline change like they talked about this off season?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think they said they wouldn't change for night games, since the sun isn't out and it doesn't matter.

Since most weather stations still get it wrong for the next 24-48 hours, I would wait until midnight Friday to worry.

Since most weather stations still get it wrong for the next 24-48 hours, I would wait until midnight Friday to worry.

Disagree with that. Maybe they might get the exact time of when it will rain off, but I think with 1-2 days it's pretty accurate. Almost boring.

Disagree with that. Maybe they might get the exact time of when it will rain off, but I think with 1-2 days it's pretty accurate. Almost boring.

That's why today was 59 and sunny?

We need to focus on weather one game at a time, otherwise it will negatively affect the team’s performance somehow tomorrow.

I should have waited about one more day to start this thread. My original forecast is going to be way off.

Bundle up, it's going to be a cold one, but should still be a fun atmosphere. Game temperatures in the mid-30s with light snow showers likely. SW wind of 10-15 mph.

High of 70 on Wednesday this week, high of 38 with a snow/rain mix on game day.

Go Gophers!!

Time to break out the Klim gear. Mys Bayfield and I are ready. Will be like a day at the beach compared to the Wisky game in 2013 and Iowa in 2011.

Bring it!

The long range forecasts tend to be more accurate for temps than they are for precipitation but for what it is worth as of this morning it looks like a not-so-nice day with temps in the mid 30's with some snow and rain mixture. Basically, the kind of day that Purdue would not want to play here.

We'll see how this changes, especially with the snow/rain side of the forecast but for now it looks like the chances of moisture drop under 50% in time for tailgate and game activities.

We have had two crummy springs and falls in a row - Twins luck out with nice weather tonight!

Top Bottom