We won't face Monson, but we could still have another reunion

Let me be the first to weigh in on an old joke-

Thank goodness that if it is the Aggies, we'll be facing them on the hardwood rather than the links, because BW is "one hell of a golfer". :D

"then I recruited ..."

What's kind of funny is that the bios for both Walker and Vic Couch lay claim to recruiting some of the same Gophers:

Walker: "As an assistant at Minnesota from 1998-07, Walker was responsible for recruiting Big Ten Freshman of the Year Kris Humphries, who was a first-round lottery pick by the Utah Jazz in 2005. He also recruited 2005 first-team All-Big Ten performer Vincent Grier and the 2001 recruiting class that included 2002 Big Ten Freshman of the Year Rick Rickert. That class was ranked among the top 10 in the nation by many publications." (from Bleed's link above)

Couch: During his time at Minnesota he helped recruit numerous high-profile players including, Rick Rickert (McDonald's All-American), Jerry Holman (NJCAA All-American), Kris Humphries (McDonald's All-American) and Vincent Grier (NJCAA All-American, two-time All-Big Ten). (source)

Vic's snippet seems a little more modest than BW's recruiting resume; perhaps it mirrors the personalities, whenever I saw Vic C. at games he seemed like a good guy while the reports on BW's personality were less than glowing.

Vic's snippet seems a little more modest than BW's recruiting resume; perhaps it mirrors the personalities, whenever I saw Vic C. at games he seemed like a good guy while the reports on BW's personality were less than glowing.

In all honestly - all the coaches play a role in recruiting these kids, but there's usually one assistant that has the majority of the contact with the kid. So, it's not too much of a stretch for them to both take credit.

As for Coach Walker - I know he went out on an odd note here, not being on the sideline for a game, and then it be announced he was gone. I'm sure that was an awkward situation for him - but I had the chance to get to know him a little bit for the two years prior to that, and he couldn't of been any nicer to me, and more helpful to help The Barnyard in anyway.

And yes, Coach Couch was a great guy too - all of our assistants were so nice, and seemed to really care.

What's kind of funny is that the bios for both Walker and Vic Couch lay claim to recruiting some of the same Gophers:

Walker: "As an assistant at Minnesota from 1998-07, Walker was responsible for recruiting Big Ten Freshman of the Year Kris Humphries, who was a first-round lottery pick by the Utah Jazz in 2005. He also recruited 2005 first-team All-Big Ten performer Vincent Grier and the 2001 recruiting class that included 2002 Big Ten Freshman of the Year Rick Rickert. That class was ranked among the top 10 in the nation by many publications." (from Bleed's link above)

Couch: During his time at Minnesota he helped recruit numerous high-profile players including, Rick Rickert (McDonald's All-American), Jerry Holman (NJCAA All-American), Kris Humphries (McDonald's All-American) and Vincent Grier (NJCAA All-American, two-time All-Big Ten). (source)

Any former assistants laying claim to Kane and Wooldridge?

Top Bottom