We Still Control Our Season

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
I’m trying to save some hope for this year. Win out, and we win the West (there’s no way Northwestern is going to run the table).

The West is going out not with a bang, but a whimper. Not sure it would mean much to win the west as the west may be as collectively bad as it has ever been. Iowa looks awful, Wisky is pretty mediocre, Nebraska is Nebraska, Northwestern still way down despite tonight, Illinois down, Purdue way down.

The West is going out not with a bang, but a whimper. Not sure it would mean much to win the west as the west may be as collectively bad as it has ever been. Iowa looks awful, Wisky is pretty mediocre, Nebraska is Nebraska, Northwestern still way down despite tonight, Illinois down, Purdue way down.
The B1G West is the AL Central.

We'll have to win out against the rest of the West and beat MSU! Not sure I see that happening and still might not be enough.

There isn’t one good team in the entire west—not one
That's not fair. I'm guessing someone with some coaching talent could put together a roster from all the teams in the west that could be 4th or 5th best in the east.

Michigan, OSU, and PSU, then everybody else. Just think in coming years, Michigan, OSU, PSU, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, USC.

No Big Ten West team is good enough to win the division when they have Ohio State and Michigan as crossovers.

The realistic goal this season has always been to win the rivalry games and qualify for a (hopefully decent) bowl. The latter looks rough after last night.

We don't control it, because even if we go 5-1 against the rest of the West and beat Mich State, Iowa can go 5-1 vs West (lose only to us) but only lose to Penn St from East and win it.

Need some more stuff to happen.

But not at all out of it.

As horrible and ugly a loss as this is, the rest of the west is a dumpster fire. There isn’t a team in the west the gophers can’t beat, because they’re all horrible. They won’t win the West because of the crossover games but maybe they’ll win Floyd and the Axe and maybe even beat Bielema. That’s the best we can hope for this season, but college football is all about regional rivalries.

No Big Ten West team is good enough to win the division when they have Ohio State and Michigan as crossovers.

The realistic goal this season has always been to win the rivalry games and qualify for a (hopefully decent) bowl. The latter looks rough after last night.
I also think that’s true of penn state and Maryland

The top 4 of the east may go 12-0 in crossovers this year

I’m kind of worried about the next game. Sheesh
The Cajuns don't need to be rajin' to take it to us. Watch for mass substitutions on the D, snap asap, and go for the jugular. Assign a spy for AK on every offensive touch for when he's running or rolling out. Take your chances with everything else in the game.

When I go into the dictionary and look up "$H1T! $H0W", can I remove Bowling Green and replace it with Northwestern?

Michigan, OSU, and PSU, then everybody else. Just think in coming years, Michigan, OSU, PSU, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, USC.
Why is everyone so ready to crown UCLA as a contender in the new big ten? Look at their record over the last 5-6 years. No more impressive than ours. In fact it’s worse.

Why is everyone so ready to crown UCLA as a contender in the new big ten? Look at their record over the last 5-6 years. No more impressive than ours. In fact it’s worse.
Not sure.

Chip Kelly 30-30 at UCLA
Best season is 9-4
Minnesota fans would want him fired. But those same Minnesota fans think they’re a perennial contender and unbeatable

Absolutely, this was my thought since the season started.

Right now, I'm worried if we can control our Ragin Cajun season.

Unlike Mrs. Billd, Kiddo is new to watching FB.

Because he's my kid it's the Gophers who he now follows.

Promised I'd put his rookie comments in a thread to us dedicated fans on GH. Not a surprise that a newbie sees what we die hards all too well see as well. Here's his analysis...

------------------------------------------------------

- We can play, actually pretty well.
- We think and plan individual series, rather than quarters/halves (aka, we think too presently, rather than planning out well ahead of the current plays we're running).
- Something happens after halftime. It happened last season, and it happened again tonight. I had thought after the first two games, we had grown past a domination in the first half and absolutely crashing in the second, but clearly not.
- Our defense, specially our ability to tackle, was non-existent this game. The amount of times two or three guys missed tackles that could have easily stopped players from Northwestern.
- Overtime was a picture perfect example of the shortcomings of the team this week. Inability to communicate and run plays effectively, especially in the second half.
Still a Gopher fan and will be relentlessly bullied by my friends, but this week was definitely disappointing.
Row the Boat
Ski-U-Mah
Please successfully tackle someone. Kiddo.

----------------------------------------------------

Because I became a Gopher fan before he was born, he has seen the thrill of victory and agony of defeat in his parents his whole life. Proud to see he's ready to grab an oar and row with the rest of us. Ski U Mah...

PS...I think all Gophers fans have been bullied by other fans at least once or twice...:D

Top Bottom