We need to keep our heads up!!!

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Our defense played well enough to win today against a very good offensive team. U just can't give the ball away 4 times and miss wide open guys like we did. Very interesting what ESPN said about the footballs we chose to use today. Looks like we made a big mistake before the game even started. Still, this team is solid and I feel great about the future. Lets's go cathch the Spartans looking ahead and we'll finish 9-3!

go gophers!!!!

Wisconsin is a good team. Any rational fan, of both sides, will identify that it was a hard fought game and the gophers are moving in the right direction.

from what I have read on this board so far no one is hanging their heads about the outcome.

I wish they would have put in Leidner for at least a series. Whenever one comes in for relief it seems like one of our 2 qbs really steps their game up. Oh well.

Hey Guys... no flaming here, I come in peace. Your defense played outstanding. That was one of the better efforts the Badgers have been up against this year. I'm sure the loss doesn't feel good, but I'm glad your team is competitive again. The B1G really needed that.

Good game, see you guys next year in Madison.

Thanks. You have excellent new coaches and will be formidable for a long time to come. We are encouraged by our defensive effort today.

Gosh darn it. BB being gone is going to suck the hate out. Coach Anderson is a class act.

Hey Guys... no flaming here, I come in peace. Your defense played outstanding. That was one of the better efforts the Badgers have been up against this year. I'm sure the loss doesn't feel good, but I'm glad your team is competitive again. The B1G really needed that.

Good game, see you guys next year in Madison.

Thanks! You guys deserve (if you beat PSU next week) a BCS bid. Us Gopher fans hope you get it for the sake of our bowl placement!

I will be tough for WI to move up 5 spots because at the end of the season, their best win will be Iowa. I think they are easily one of the top 10 teams in the country, but that ASU debacle looms large.

I don't feel bad at all. The turnovers were the difference. The teams were equal. Becky is overated to say the least. We need to build our fanbase as I was surrounded by the usual red clad drunken slobs. Most were civil but of course very simple. It really wasn't that cold until the sun went down. It was still better to be in the elements than being in the dome.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we played our best game every week we would be 11-0. Could you have ever imagined that would be the case? Before calling me a loon, I'm simply stating that our program is in decent enough shape to potentially win any game we play. Have to remember that Nelson has only played in about 15 games, TE, WR's are Freshman, maybe our best back is RSing, have a stable of young, talented OL. Our best runner on the team might be a RS QB. Eternally frustrating, but less so as we finally have a future.

The players need to keeps their heads up...and come out confident against MSU. There's no shame in getting beat by W, but at the same time the offense left quite a few plays out there today and needs to execute much better next Saturday. It's a motivational tightrope the coaches have to walk after a game like today's.

I wish they would have put in Leidner for at least a series. Whenever one comes in for relief it seems like one of our 2 qbs really steps their game up. Oh well.

I was thinking the same. Maybe it is not so much that the alternate QB steps up his game as much as the opposing defense is sort of caught off guard and it takes time for them to adjust to the new QB. Mitch seems to have a more accurate arm and gets more yardage rushing. My guess is that Philip has better command of the play book and makes faster and better decisions. While I don't like fumbles, I continue to take heart in the fact that Philip did not throw an interception today. We lost the game for two simple reasons. 3 lost fumbles and our time of possession was only 24:49 while Bucky's time of possession was 35:11. Our defense had to be gassed. I remember seeing Rasheed Hageman come out of the game, I assume for a rest. The fact that Bucky's time of possession was 35:11 and our defense held them to 20 points is quite an accomplishment, particularly in view of the 3 turnovers we committed on offense. Our offense will do better against Sparti. Maybe we need to practice more outside in cold weather rather than inside the house that Lou Holtz built. Just a thought if we want to be tougher and make the cold weather our friend.

I'm a proud fan today. The defense was awesome. It was a tough day for the offense, but we're young, missing some guys, and the weather made it tough for our passing game. We'll have the axe back soon.

i actually don't think the turnovers were that big of a difference, after Maxx's fumble AH got the pick 6, on Cobb's fumble they didn't score after that, only on the Nelson fumble they scored but i think they would have scored anyway even if they would have had worse field position, too many drops, slightly inaccurate passes were the difference by Jones, Wolitarsky in the beginning, Maxx had a few and those 2 in the end zone with Freuchte and Wolitarsky at the end could have made this a very close game

I have followed the Hole for a long time, but haven't posted. As a Badger fan living in the metro I am happy to see that the Gophs are getting better. The rivalry has grown stale over the last decade as the games haven't been very competitive. I think that I speak for most UW fans when I say that Coach Kill and his staff are easy to respect and they seem to have things on the right track. I have had a friendly rivalry with my local friends and it is much better when both teams are competitive. Today's game was good, but the Gophs aren't quite there yet. I would have loved to see a B1G championship game between the Badgers and Gophers. Screw O$U and Michy.

Same here. I think Nelson is the better QB at this point, but Leidner seems to make his reads quicker and more decisively.

We competed. Still a quart low on the talent/experience matrix.

Wisconsin is not overrated. And I agree with others, with BB gone, my hate W has lessened a bit. For the first time, I will probably root for W in their bowl game for the sake of the Big Ten conference. I'm tired of hearing how bad our conference is. Hopefully the BIG will get some match-ups with the SEC and win a couple of key match-ups.

On a side note, did anyone else feel the fumble by Nelson when he was sacked was a HUGE game changing play? We were up 7-3 and moving it pretty well. W took the ball down and scored the winning TD. As soon as it happened my optimism about the game took a shot to the gut. It is amazing how one play can just change everything.

Wisconsin is not overrated. And I agree with others, with BB gone, my hate W has lessened a bit. For the first time, I will probably root for W in their bowl game for the sake of the Big Ten conference. I'm tired of hearing how bad our conference is. Hopefully the BIG will get some match-ups with the SEC and win a couple of key match-ups.

On a side note, did anyone else feel the fumble by Nelson when he was sacked was a HUGE game changing play? We were up 7-3 and moving it pretty well. W took the ball down and scored the winning TD. As soon as it happened my optimism about the game took a shot to the gut. It is amazing how one play can just change everything.

I agree. At worse we punt and make them have a long drive to score. I think Wisconsin is a great team, should be rated higher. Poor offense, to many TO's, poor officiating and we were still in the game. I left disappointed about what could have been but the progress I see left me excited about the future.

I will be tough for WI to move up 5 spots because at the end of the season, their best win will be Iowa. I think they are easily one of the top 10 teams in the country, but that ASU debacle looms large.

If we can beat MSU next week... The operative word is CAN.

For the first time, I will probably root for W in their bowl game for the sake of the Big Ten conference.

This makes me sad and angry all at the same time. Why any true Gopher fan would cheer for your biggest rival just so you can hear media talking heads saying the big ten conference is strong is totally beyond me.

I don't think Wisc is overrated. I'm hoping for a B1G post-season statement. I also think the Gophers still don't realize how GOOD they are. A couple of breaks next week and we could have a ton of momentum going into next year.

Felt much more down...no...felt really, really down...after Iowa.

Looking forward to MSU...

Go Gophers! Beat the Spartans!

I don't think anyone expected a win. We expected a competitive game and we got just that. Hopefully the team still believes in themselves. They have two more games they can win.

i actually don't think the turnovers were that big of a difference, after Maxx's fumble AH got the pick 6, on Cobb's fumble they didn't score after that, only on the Nelson fumble they scored but i think they would have scored anyway even if they would have had worse field position, too many drops, slightly inaccurate passes were the difference by Jones, Wolitarsky in the beginning, Maxx had a few and those 2 in the end zone with Freuchte and Wolitarsky at the end could have made this a very close game

They hurt from an offensive standpoint. I think all three happened around mid-field or on their side of the field. They were just momentum and confidence killers for our offense.

I think the biggest positive I will take out of the game is that we made a lot of mistakes (fumbles, penalties, bad passes, drops), yet the game was still in doubt against a very good football team until very late. Those are all correctable mistakes in my opinion. It's not like we were just pushed around like in the past.

I think many would argue that Wisconsin's best win is Minnesota.

This makes me sad and angry all at the same time. Why any true Gopher fan would cheer for your biggest rival just so you can hear media talking heads saying the big ten conference is strong is totally beyond me.

It's not really just about the talking heads, though. It affects the rankings which in turn affect the bowl selections.

It's not really just about the talking heads, though. It affects the rankings which in turn affect the bowl selections.

The Big Ten is good enough where, even though most of the experts are saying the Big Ten is as down as it has been in many years, we will still in all likelihood have three teams with legitimate BCS hopes heading into the conference championship week.

This isn't the MAC where we need to root for teams to be flag bearers for the conference to try to improve our stature. This is the Big Ten. Never cheer for Wisconsin.

Wow, I really hope you were taking poetic license, if not, it's a shame that something as trivial as that makes you "sad and angry all at the same time."

Take a look at the current rankings after this weekend's games, the Big Ten is getting the shaft due to our poor perception nationally. We need the Big Ten teams to deliver some messages in the bowl games to lay the groundwork for next year. It has nothing to do with wanting to hear the media talking heads talking nicely about us.

Top Bottom