We need 5th place

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
We need to get to 5th place in the conference (requiring the gophs to win their last two and Illinois to lose theirs to Wisc and at OSU) because I am not liking that first round match-up with PSU if we stay at 6th. PSU is playing much better than they were and I would prefer Indy or Iowa. They are probably stuck in last place though going into the BT tournament. PSU will be tied with the Iowa and Indy loser today, after todays thrashing of NW, but will still be in 11th because they lost their only matchups with both. They finish at MSU and home to Purdue. I don't like their chances of finishing with a win in either although who knows.

A team that fears a BTT matchup with Penn State has no business in the NCAA tournament.

We need to get to 5th place in the conference (requiring the gophs to win their last two and Illinois to lose theirs to Wisc and at OSU) because I am not liking that first round match-up with PSU if we stay at 6th. PSU is playing much better than they were and I would prefer Indy or Iowa. They are probably stuck in last place though going into the BT tournament. PSU will be tied with the Iowa and Indy loser today, after todays thrashing of NW, but will still be in 11th because they lost their only matchups with both. They finish at MSU and home to Purdue. I don't like their chances of finishing with a win in either although who knows.

The 5th place team will play 4th place, not IU or Iowa.

Ofer, not trying to say we should be scared of them, just trying to say that we would be in kind of a lose-lose situation playing a team that is playing better than an #11 seed or even an 8 seed.

FOT, read my first sentence on my original post again....

We need fifth to avoid playing on Thursday, and needing to only win three and not four games for our title. No fear. Cheering for the Badgers will be a tough pill to swallow, however.

Let's beat Michigan, a team that has given us fits the last two years, first.

Top Bottom