We Got Your Number

No problem with it at all. Let's celebrate and keep the feeling alive. I hope there are many more commemorative tee shirts, hats, key chains, shoelaces, jock straps, diaper covers, thimbles, flasks, ashtrays, headbands, bolo ties, temporary tattoos, and, god forbid, whatever Dr. Don thinks is appropriate.

Time to start a collection?

It may be fun to buy now, put if I am Bo Pelini, on the offchance I am still employed this time next year, I wear this tshirt to practice every day leading up to our trip in Lincoln. If we are going to print something like this, I hope we can look like we still have their number next year.

I have no problem with this. If I would have attended the game and rushed the field I probably would buy this shirt. It would be a great way to remember the experience.

I'm with the OP. I'm usually on the other side of this argument, but this is a little overboard.

if it gets some casual students excited and coming to games and being loud, i'm all for it. i expect the team to continue to improve and play well. we should be even better next year and have a legit chance to beat them in lincoln. let's get some mojo going!

Probably geared for the students. If it gets another couple of 1000 students too attend the PSU game
Great!

I've seen sillier things. This is up there though.

Was "We got your number" the best they could come up with? It would be something if that was a direct quote from a Nebraska coach or player leading up to the game, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It'd be something if it was a rivalry game or one that had more meaning, but I agree that this is just petty. We can do better than that!

Probably geared for the students. If it gets another couple of 1000 students too attend the PSU game
Great!

I can't even tell you the number of sporting events I've attended because of tshirts commemorating previous games.

Didn't notice this thread before I started another. Sorry.

I think this is really, really dumb. I'm all for celebrating the victory, but this is overboard.

Looking forward to purchasing my "We pounded Cardinal-Stritch in exhibition!" commemorative hat...

We've won one game in the last 17 against the Huskers. How exactly do we "have (their) number"? I'm really not a fan of the idea of making shirts to celebrate a single regular-season win, but my biggest gripe is that the shirt makes absolutely no sense.

Act like you've been there before. On top of that, it's just lame. Now if you want to design a shirt where Evil Goldy is pushing Herbie Husker face first into a threshing machine, I can get on board with that.

I guess I just don't get the "we got your number" part. Doesn't "having someone's number" imply some kind of ongoing success against a particular team? Just seems like the wrong sports cliche. As for celebrating the win with a t-shirt, sounds good to me.

I find this quite embarrassing. We are basically admitting how low our program has gotten. Why can't we just be happy with the win and move on without making some commemorative print or t-shirt?

Who the hell works in that marketing department? This is just another head shaker in a long line of head shakers. It's almost as if they are trying to fail. It reminds me of George Costanza when he tries to get fired from the Yankees.

Not as cool as the "We wrung the Leathernecks" T-shirt commemorating the big win over Western Illinois.

So what, ya don't haffta buy it.

This. Chill out. If people want to buy it, they will. If they don't, they won't. I am guessing you will be in the latter group. Doesn't mean you have to hate on those who might like such a t-shirt. Trust me, I have seen far more "pathetic" things on a t-shirt than this. Doesn't even qualify as being pathetic or lame, in my opinion. But that is what is great about opinions....we all get to have one.

Could they have come up with a better design and/or slogan? Perhaps. Or perhaps this is a perfectly fine design and/or slogan for 90% of regular folks and students out there. So many of you know-it-all Gopherhole rubes bitch and moan about how you think the U needs to do a better job at making more money on behalf of the athletic's department, etc. and trying new avenues of revenue generation. But whenever they something it is never good enough, or doesn't fit your exact standards. Honestly, I simply think the U can't and won't ever win with some of you on this front. So be it.

Cheers!

I would hope that closer to 90% of regular folks and students agree that this idea was a failure, arguably in more ways than one.

Act like you've been there before.

That is a lot easier if you have been there before, say, in the last 50 years!

If we continue to improve, prepare for more goofiness. It will take at least 10 years before smug sets in.

This. Chill out. If people want to buy it, they will. If they don't, they won't. I am guessing you will be in the latter group. Doesn't mean you have to hate on those who might like such a t-shirt. Trust me, I have seen far more "pathetic" things on a t-shirt than this. Doesn't even qualify as being pathetic or lame, in my opinion. But that is what is great about opinions....we all get to have one.

Could they have come up with a better design and/or slogan? Perhaps. Or perhaps this is a perfectly fine design and/or slogan for 90% of regular folks and students out there. So many of you know-it-all Gopherhole rubes bitch and moan about how you think the U needs to do a better job at making more money on behalf of the athletic's department, etc. and trying new avenues of revenue generation. But whenever they something it is never good enough, or doesn't fit your exact standards. Honestly, I simply think the U can't and won't ever win with some of you on this front. So be it.

Cheers!

Honestly the shirt itself doesn't bug me but the slogan does. The idea of having someones number in sports gives off the impression of sustained dominance and that is clearly not what we have against Nebraska. It is a rat turd in the grand scheme of things but I do agree with the poster that mentioned them showing up at Nebraska practices next year during game week against us. I know if I was on the staff there I would have a bunch of them for all the coaches and support staff to wear around the building all week just to remind the players what happened last year.

Something tells me most of these shirts will end up being worn by children in third world countries but only when their 2013 49er Super Bowl XLVII Champions tshirts are in the wash.

If we can look back on this game in 5-10 years and say that it was really a turning point for the program, the signature win that was needed, then I'm fine with it. But no way to know that yet.

Top Bottom