WE ARE MINNESOTA (CLAPCLAP)

It is too much a copy of Marshall. I moved close to there shortly after the plane crash. That chant should be left for Marshall and The Thundering Herd.

We need to stop trying to steal other people's chants. Its bad enough Penn St ripped it off...

We need to stop trying to steal other people's chants. Its bad enough Penn St ripped it off...

Yes, Penn State ripped it off from USC in the 70's. But Marshall ripped it off from Penn State in 1988.
<http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/070104-spencer-wam.html>
<http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2009/2/15/760159/we-are-penn-state>

And USC probably got it from another college or high school.

There aren't too many original cheers. Just be proud that Minnesota does have original cheer songs. Many schools use melodies from commercial music. But at Minnesota, we have six original songs: The Minnesota Rouser, Hail! Minnesota, Our Minnesota, Minnesota Fight, Minnesota March and Go Gopher Victory.

Note: Minnesota is credited with originating cheerleaders in 1898.

I don't know about all that cheer stuff... but that video made me want to grow a foot, put on 200lbs and start tackling people for Mr. Tim Brewster.

I don't know about all that cheer stuff... but that video made me want to grow a foot, put on 200lbs and start tackling people for Mr. Tim Brewster.

That's what I'm talking about. Brew has me ready to tackle something, but I'm in the library and I think they frown on that here.

It is too much a copy of Marshall. I moved close to there shortly after the plane crash. That chant should be left for Marshall and The Thundering Herd.

There are schools all over the country that do this.

Awesome video, I'm going to have to suspend going to sleep for a little bit. I don't give a crap who does other cheers, or who does other stuff for that matter. I don't worry about what other people are doing, I do what I think is effective and if that means modeling others to make me better then I'll certainly do that. The chant was very effective, and thus we should be doing it. We should be doing whatever we can to get the football players and fans pumped up, it's like the first down chant. The players like it, the majority of the fans like it; shut up and cheer because that's why we go to the stadium. Nobody cares who did it first, they care about who is doing it the best. When we win the Big 10, are we going to be afraid to hold up our index fingers because others did it?

Top Bottom