Way-too-early Power Rankings for next season

nitramnaed

Reaction score

Per Saturday Tradition:​

14. Minnesota​

There are rebuilds and then there are rebuilds … and new coach Ben Johnson is going to endure the latter at Minnesota. The Golden Gophers could see upwards of 10 of its 13 scholarship players depart. When center Liam Robbins announced earlier this week, he became the 7th player to enter the transfer portal since the end of the season, joining fellow starters Marcus Carr and Gabe Kalscheur, along with key reserves Jamal Mashburn Jr., Tre’ Williams and others. But Minnesota will play basketball next season (although probably not very well), so Johnson has been trying to add to his roster as well, adding in three players from the portal in his first week-plus in forward Jamison Battle (George Washington), and guards Luke Loewe (William & Mary) and E.J. Stephens (Lafayette).

Obviously, the authors of that article have forgotten about Penn State.

Who finished above the gophers and return more?

that penn state?

I'm not sure they return more. They had about the same number of players as us enter the transfer portal. According to Verbal Commits, they've picked up no incoming transfers. According to 247, their freshman recruits decommitted months ago.

Assuming no one else enters the transfer portal and our freshmen don't decommit, we have 8 players on the roster now (including Johnson). Ben only has to recruit four more to have a fully serviceable team.

I'm not sure they return more. They had about the same number of players as us enter the transfer portal. According to Verbal Commits, they've picked up no incoming transfers. According to 247, their freshman recruits decommitted months ago.

Assuming no one else enters the transfer portal and our freshmen don't decommit, we have 8 players on the roster now (including Johnson). Ben only has to recruit four more to have a fully serviceable team.
Reread what you just wrote again and tell me it’s a good reason Minnesota should be picked higher in the big ten LOL

Reread what you just wrote again and tell me it’s a good reason Minnesota should be picked higher in the big ten LOL

Simple. I think we're closer to having a functional team put together than PSU is.

And can the "LOL." That's juvenile bush league shit.

One thing the article is not mentioning is that the transfers are not official yet, they are just sitting in portal. Though the longer they sit now that we have some staff on the team, the worse it is.

One constants I have read from players who decided to return to their respective teams once they entered the portal is "I believe in Coach X's vision". That is fact and that scares me a little bit.

Simple. I think we're closer to having a functional team put together than PSU is.

And can the "LOL." That's juvenile bush league shit.
It’s bush league to say LOL on a message board?

LOL

I think I might exclusively use that now

It’s bush league to say LOL on a message board?

LOL

I think I might exclusively use that now

Knock yourself out. I'll just remind you that you're a pedestrian twerp every time that you do.

If you want to fight, I'm more than willing to engage. If you want to have a civil discussion, I'll do that too. What I won't do is take ridicule and dismissiveness without giving back double.

I would expect us to be picked 14th in pretty much any poll that comes out between now and the start of next season. They are going to have no idea what to expect from us because there are going to be so many new faces on the roster to go along with a brand new coach.

Knock yourself out. I'll just remind you that you're a pedestrian twerp every time that you do.

If you want to fight, I'm more than willing to engage. If you want to have a civil discussion, I'll do that too. What I won't do is take ridicule and dismissiveness without giving back double.
Lol
“If you want to fight”

Take yourself on a message board a little less seriously. Sorry I’m a twerp. Maybe someday I’ll be a big man like you who can fight you when you “want to fight”

Lol
“If you want to fight”

Take yourself on a message board a little less seriously. Sorry I’m a twerp. Maybe someday I’ll be a big man like you who can fight you when you “want to fight”

You're speaking childishly again. Try to fight that urge as it results in you being taken "a little less seriously."

There's "way too early" and there's "this is totally pointless."
Haha totally agree. I would also say were gonna be 14th at this point. We have like 6 guys right now. Let's see where were at when we have a full team.

You're speaking childishly again. Try to fight that urge as it results in you being taken "a little less seriously."
Some guy is speaking childishly? You just asked a stranger on a message board if they want to fight. That is some juvenile bush league shit.

Haha totally agree. I would also say were gonna be 14th at this point. We have like 6 guys right now. Let's see where were at when we have a full team.
We're basically an expansion team and will probably be bad. But we have almost no idea what the roster will look like or what the schedule is. And every team has like 4-5 moving pieces. Trying to rank them now is just ridiculous.

Y’all both children as far as I can tell

And that’s coming from someone with a moniker of Full Banana

Some guy is speaking childishly? You just asked a stranger on a message board if they want to fight. That is some juvenile bush league shit.

If you have such a problem with me, please feel free to put me on ignore. You won't miss anything and neither will I.

Top Bottom