Watching Iowa/OSU....

GopherBob

Reaction score
Ugh....we're gonna get thumped next weekend. They keep losing players but don't miss a beat....

Yep, toe to toe with OSU. Their D-line is gonna maul our offensive line. Our defense is gonna be on the field all game again, which will probably lead to a blowout...again.

Iowa's backup QB is considerably better than its starter. Sound familiar?

Yep, toe to toe with OSU. Their D-line is gonna maul our offensive line. Our defense is gonna be on the field all game again, which will probably lead to a blowout...again.

Nothing to look forward to here all week...like root canal on a half-dozen teeth in one 60-min session.

Nothing to look forward to here all week...like root canal on a half-dozen teeth in one 60-min session.
Eh, that chapter isn't written yet. Football is a funny game. There's absolutely no way SDSU should have hung with the Gophers but here we are. So let's wait and let things unfold before we collectively *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# ourselves.

e: lol language filter

That Iowa backup was bailed out like 3 times on that last game tying drive lol. He's played well though.

I've been watching the whole game and Iowa's freshman QB looks really good. He has a strong, accurate arm.

Wow, surprised Iowa's gonna sit on this and let it go to OT. They didn't have a ton of yards to gain to get in FG range...

Wow, surprised Iowa's gonna sit on this and let it go to OT. They didn't have a ton of yards to gain to get in FG range...
Yeah, that is going to come back to haunt them. They just passed up a legit chance to win this game.

Yeah, that is going to come back to haunt them. They just passed up a legit chance to win this game.

Very odd choice, esp @ OSU. And now they're moving backwards in ot...not a good sign for Iowa.

...and there's the bite in the ass.

gah! I'm not looking forward to my trip to Iowa City nearly as much as I was two weeks ago.

It was like Ohio State didn't even want to win. Up 7 in the 4th quarter down inside the 30 they run 3 times and settle for a long FG like it was a chip shot or something. Then in OT, they run 3 times again not gaining much at all. Very conservative, especially when you have your back up kicker kicking.

Yep, Iowa shoulda went for it at the end of regulation. They had a lot of momentum going at that point. Plus, it's easier for a young QB to operate between the 20s than down closer to the end zone.

gah! I'm not looking forward to my trip to Iowa City nearly as much as I was two weeks ago.

I'll give you two rays of hope. One, this has really got to be a kick in the guts to the Hawkeyes. They went from dreaming of playing in the championship game to losing two in a row. Football is an emotional game, and they've used up an awful lot of emotion. Two, how in the hell can't they but help feel vastly overconfident not only by looking at our game today but also remembering last year's game? Not willing to bet on a Gopher victory, but, I tell you, stranger things have happened.

That's a Denny Green coaching move, for you long suffering Vikings fans like me. I guess Greeny learned that during his time at Iowa. We can only hope Denny will be Iowa's next coach. I can dream after all.

Top Bottom