Washington - yikes

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Watched Washington’s pillow fight with Jedd’s winless Arizona squad last night. Wow what a couple of bad teams that was. We are still fretting over the egg that the Gophers laid against Bowling Green. But Washington Huskies fans are beside themselves. That team, with that stadium, and that history, has really fallen off since Peterson left. They are going to need to start over.

meanwhile, someone at some point is going to have to explain to me how Jedd Fisch has raised himself to the level of head coach at a power five school with somehow never having notable success at any of his assistant roles along the way. Old boy network? Nepotism? Blind luck? He coaches one of the worst power five teams I have seen in a long time.

Watched Washington’s pillow fight with Jedd’s winless Arizona squad last night. Wow what a couple of bad teams that was. We are still fretting over the egg that the Gophers laid against Bowling Green. But Washington Huskies fans are beside themselves. That team, with that stadium, and that history, has really fallen off since Peterson left. They are going to need to start over.

meanwhile, someone at some point is going to have to explain to me how Jedd Fisch has raised himself to the level of head coach at a power five school with somehow never having notable success at any of his assistant roles along the way. Old boy network? Nepotism? Blind luck? He coaches one of the worst power five teams I have seen in a long time.
Failing upward. Or throwing his thick playbook at future employers.

Ever hear that story of how a guy started with a paper clip and made so many trades that he ended up with a house?

That's Jedd's career. He switches jobs every single season and keeps trading up a little bit each year, making connections, until he's a P5 head coach. No measurable or sustained substance, just the art of the deal.

Eventually he got a QB coach job on the Cam Newton-era Patriots and one year of that sealed the deal. Good luck and Bear Down Arizona

It was explained in the thread on Jedd getting hired.

Literally, and not joking: the current UA president performed a surgery on Jedd in the past. That's how they knew each other.

Sure, that wasn't the only factor. But that was a factor, in the hire.

You almost hope for them to fail, with that kind of head-shakingly bad decision making.

I assumed they lost based on thread title

and with apologies to Wren, I will always think of Jedd as "the Pet Fisch."

But, seriously, football coaching is an incestuous business. Coach 'A' gets a head-coaching job and hires his buddies as coordinators. One of the coordinators gets a head-coaching job and hires his buddies. and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends.........

same reason liedner was able to be the gophers only quarterback while only talent of some sorts was handing the ball off and half the time he screwed that up. jedd and ledner has some major dirt on someone or else there are a awefull lot of bidens running around. total clown show.

Fortunately for Washington and Arizona, the game lasted until nearly 1AM, so not many people likely watched.

same reason liedner was able to be the gophers only quarterback while only talent of some sorts was handing the ball off and half the time he screwed that up. jedd and ledner has some major dirt on someone or else there are a awefull lot of bidens running around. total clown show.

IQ deficiency. We have it on this board too. See.....the quoted post.

The opinion of the Arizona media was previous hires seemed like slam dunks so maybe Jedd is a good hire because he's about as far away from a slam dunk as any power 5 hire ever.

Ever hear that story of how a guy started with a paper clip and made so many trades that he ended up with a house?

That's Jedd's career. He switches jobs every single season and keeps trading up a little bit each year, making connections, until he's a P5 head coach. No measurable or sustained substance, just the art of the deal.

Eventually he got a QB coach job on the Cam Newton-era Patriots and one year of that sealed the deal. Good luck and Bear Down Arizona
It’s like public school district Superintendents. “They MUST be good—look how much money they make!!! Let’s hire them AND give them a big raise!!!”

It’s like public school district Superintendents. “They MUST be good—look how much money they make!!! Let’s hire them AND give them a big raise!!!”
Ours happens to be a former Gopher football player, good guy.

I’ve been going to Husky games for 29 years now. (Geez time flies). I’m a Gopher fan first and it’s not close, and Huskies second. It’s been disappointing for a while. The press likes coach Lake and he does seem like he’s a great coach in the making, but something is just not clicking yet.

Buddy and I text back every year in disbelief every time Jedd gets a new (promotion) job. I've never seen someone fail upwards as consistently as him. I gotta think he's a great schmoozer or something.

Buddy and I text back every year in disbelief every time Jedd gets a new (promotion) job. I've never seen someone fail upwards as consistently as him. I gotta think he's a great schmoozer or something.
I think that's it, he's personable and can probably nail an interview with his lingo and power point deck.

Jedd Fisch didn't play football in high school, let alone college.

But decided he wanted to become a coach and is making millions.
Quite amazing in a really sad way.

You will get a cease and desist email from the mods for bringing up the old gopher qb

Jedd Fisch didn't play football in high school, let alone college.

But decided he wanted to become a coach and is making millions.
Quite amazing in a really sad way.
Claeys played in junior high according to his bio, but I don't think he played in high school. But hard work and his attachment to Jerry Kill kept him moving up. Claeys' ascent isn't has odd as Fisch's, but I think that has more to do with Fisch's methods being a bit more off-the-wall.

I think we're seeing more of this across all sports, where actual on-field or on-court experience doesn't count as much as it did in earlier eras.

Claeys played in junior high according to his bio, but I don't think he played in high school. But hard work and his attachment to Jerry Kill kept him moving up. Claeys' ascent isn't has odd as Fisch's, but I think that has more to do with Fisch's methods being a bit more off-the-wall.

I think we're seeing more of this across all sports, where actual on-field or on-court experience doesn't count as much as it did in earlier eras.
Nor should it. A lot of guys with experience playing at a high level are strait up bad coaches.

vikings radio color guy Pete Bersich couldn’t win a game as Hill Murray coach against teams like north St. Paul

Top Bottom