Was that "Mystery Recruit" at the Gophers Big Man Camp Tyler Marz?

At a 126.7 points a game maybe he should consider basketball more!!!!!!!!!:cool02:

I think maybe he should be in a little bit more of a hurry or he might end up st SDSU afterall.

If he's looking at Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota I highly doubt they're going to hold a spot for him. That's just the reality of being a local kid from a small school. If he truly wants to make the choice he better figure it out and lock up his opportunity asap or the decision will be made for him.

I am just speculating, but I would guess the Gophers would only take one more OL in this class and have also been looking at an OT out of Illinois. I agree with you Schnoodler in that if Marz wants to play for the Gophers, he should probalby make that decision quickly.

I'm intrigued by this guy, I'd like to see him develop in maroon and gold. I agree though, a quick decision may be advisable. Good luck to him wherever he winds up.

You cannot let a kid like this go to Iowa or Wisconsin. Think Karl Klug.

I have seen him play.

He is a good athlete and talent for a big kid. That being said the level of football he is playing at is pretty low. As much as I enjoy small school sports at the high school level the football is very very low as far as the talent and the level of play is concerned. Good luck to this kid if he can adjust to the style of play at the college level no matter what school he goes to it will be a huge change.

The Gophers don't use HGH or roids so Klug would never have seen the field as a Gopher

He is a good athlete and talent for a big kid. That being said the level of football he is playing at is pretty low. As much as I enjoy small school sports at the high school level the football is very very low as far as the talent and the level of play is concerned. Good luck to this kid if he can adjust to the style of play at the college level no matter what school he goes to it will be a huge change.

The talent he is playing against may be low, but that doesn't mean there isn't D-I talent out there at the small schools. There is always a temptation to not push yourself as hard if you aren't playing top competition of course, but talent at small schools is easy to overlook.

I would love to see this young man commit to the U. I believe he has camped at the U for the past two years, if Brew and staff are comfortable with his abilities, which they obviously are, I trust their judgement. In cases like this measurables and athleticism should trump who you play with and against and our coaches once again obviously understand this.
Tyler would make a great addition to the class of 2011 for the Gophers and I would love to see him playing in TCF down the road.

OL is the one position where I don't think the level you play at in high school is as big of deal. Being 6'8", 280 lbs is something that can't be taught. He may be a little more raw because he played at a small school, but he could develop into a good player.

I am just speculating, but I would guess the Gophers would only take one more OL in this class and have also been looking at an OT out of Illinois. I agree with you Schnoodler in that if Marz wants to play for the Gophers, he should probalby make that decision quickly.

Is there any word on if the Gophers have offered Ross Windfeldt from St. Cloud?
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=4337465

There was some talk about him awhile back but I haven't seen or heard anything on him in months.

Connor McGovern, an OL from Fargo was the other kid who the coaches really liked at Lineman camp along with Marz.

Top Bottom