Ward >>>>> Weber

cncmin

Reaction score
Warren, just like Kilgore the week before, showed what a REAL D-1 quarterback does on gameday. (And we'll simply disregard the fact that Warren was FCS, that's just piling on.)

The defense did few favors, but the receivers were wide open all game, and, particularly in the first half when we should have been blowing them out of the stadium, Weber couldn't hit the broad side of a barn to save his ass. Weber needs to be benched. Permanently. And Brewster needs to leave the University of Minnesota, either on his own or be forced out. Soon.

Pathetic.

Gotta put this one on the Defense...can't expect Weber to play *PERFECT*...but the Defense...smh...Horrible...

Sorry, the D was bad, but Weber was horrible. Weber could have picked the defense up on multiple occasions, and he didn't. He's rapidly becoming my pick for least favorite Gopher football player ever.

Sorry, the D was bad, but Weber was horrible. Weber could have picked the defense up on multiple occasions, and he didn't. He's rapidly becoming my pick for least favorite Gopher football player ever.

Some of those receivers were open by 5 to 10 yards, and he missed them by a mile. He overthrew at least a couple of wide open receivers downfield by 5 to 10 feet over their heads. Those are not the passes of a winner.

Weber, the receivers, and defensive corners

At least 3 touchdowns went at Rallis. But, that isn't the whole story. The nickle back failed to support him and he had to defend 2 receivers because his teammates were out of position. The secondary lost this game.

As for Weber, I could care less if today he made some kind of record book. If there isn't a W attached to his name, we should tear that off his jersey right now. From now on, his name is Eber. The play that irks me, he is driving to the end zone and he has 9 to go around the 'yotes 30. He could put it in the endzone, and he decides to look off his primary that was separating and making a center line route to the middle of the end zone with his man beat bad. Weber throws to the side in double coverage.

I will take the arm and leg of the unproven now no matter what. Weber is done. He deserves no more stats for the 'records' he is being handed at the expense of the team. I am totally done with that last Mase recruit.

I pick Weber as the #1 problem

Why? That is easy. His line can not trust him. His receivers do not trust him to deliver the ball. The one that MG droped on the left sideline near the endzone was a half hearted attempt to get the ball. It wasn't concentration. And, let me play mind reader. He didn't expect it to get there so he did not commit his body to stretching out further than he had. We need new leadership because the offense and defense mailed this one in. The QB played sporadically. He could have had all time records for a game today. He could not toss a ball further than 12-15 yards with any accuracy. We will be crushed next week by SC in front of our premium recruits. Kiss those kids goodbye. This game will be worse than Nebraska's last whipping of us in '87. I think USC could post up at least 90 on us. We need to start playing ball or the team and the coach should be released from their contract.

Wondering who Dante Ward is, seeing the Gophers played against a really good QB named Dante Warren today.

CICMIN. you know absolutely nothing about the game. Go back to your Ps2.

I can't believe you clowns are still supporting Weber. He is HORRIBLE. Sure he has records. But he's played almost every minute for 4 years. And we play more games now. He has not gotten any better. I love the people who think he's going to play on Sunday. Brewster is almost as bad as Wacker and Gutey. No wait. he's worse!

I thought this would be a week when people would be too embarrassed to post this. However it does prove how detrimental a QB with a fumbling problem is.

One of the positive things to take away from this game is the Weber to Gray connection. Weber seemed to find confidence in Gray as the game progressed and Weber's play reflected that. That is one positive thing that I can take away from this game and hope for the future. He fumbled a couple of times but did that trying to make a play. I can live with that.

This loss is not on the offense. They did their jobs. Anyone hating on the offense has an agenda that just doesn't fit the reality.

The defense?? have at 'em.

The real title of this thread needs to be:

Coyote Defense (>>>>>>>>>>> X One million) Gopher Defense

Most of the fans in the stands could have completed many of the passes that Warren did yesterday. WIDE open receivers all day streaking behind the defense. Ridiculous.

Most of the fans in the stands could have completed many of the passes that Warren did yesterday. WIDE open receivers all day streaking behind the defense. Ridiculous.

+1

It was really bad. I'm not even sure the make shift secondary Brew had to put together in year one was this bad. Very dissapointing.

Right you are - most of the fans possibly could have. Just not Adam Weber. If Weber played for the Coyotes (instead of Warren) we win by 50.

The blame should be all on the D, I agree. But from hitting the CB in the back with the ball, to missing by 10 yards, and never hitting between the numbers, but almost always high it was frustrating to watch. When he did make a good toss, the receivers dropped it. When we get down early, this team has to be able to pass.

The blame should be all on the D, I agree. But from hitting the CB in the back with the ball, to missing by 10 yards, and never hitting between the numbers, but almost always high it was frustrating to watch. When he did make a good toss, the receivers dropped it. When we get down early, this team has to be able to pass.

One has to believe that the reason the players have quit on this team is because they see a captain who is unable to make good decisions and good plays during the game, led by a coach who does the same. The ship has sailed. There is no confidence, no fire, and no discipline on this team; and it starts with the fact that they have an inept QB that NO ONE has any confidence in. At this point, there is no sense in not trying something new, either from Brewster's standpoint or the UofM's standpoint: with Weber they will win no more than 3 games total this season. With someone else, they may win a total of 1 (zero more), or they may make a bowl game. It's a chance I think they have to take -- and since Brewster will be gone if he doesn't make a bowl game, it seems obvious it's a chance HE finally must take as well. Wake up, coach.

One has to believe that the reason the players have quit on this team is because they see a captain who is unable to make good decisions and good plays during the game, led by a coach who does the same. The ship has sailed. There is no confidence, no fire, and no discipline on this team; and it starts with the fact that they have an inept QB that NO ONE has any confidence in. At this point, there is no sense in not trying something new, either from Brewster's standpoint or the UofM's standpoint: with Weber they will win no more than 3 games total this season. With someone else, they may win a total of 1 (zero more), or they may make a bowl game. It's a chance I think they have to take -- and since Brewster will be gone if he doesn't make a bowl game, it seems obvious it's a chance HE finally must take as well. Wake up, coach.

The chance to bench weber for 1 game, 1 half, even 1 quarter is long gone. Weber apologists, you're happy that we put up 10 points at halftime against a terrible USD defense? We will have zero chance of scoring against OSU, PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St if we perform like that. Zero. The defense will definitely get better as we get our safeties back and our young defense matures. But our QB just isn't getting it. He just doesn't have it.

The Gopher's defense was bad but that was to be expected because of graduations, injuries, and suspensions. The offense should have been able to score 50 to 60 points yesterday. The reason they didn't is because of Weber.

This loss is not on the offense. They did their jobs. Anyone hating on the offense has an agenda that just doesn't fit the reality.

The defense?? have at 'em.

Can't say I agree. The defense was worse than the offense for sure, but the offense was terrible in the first half. I put a lot of it on the coaching/game plan (When I think about it, they might not have actually had a game plan) but between turning it over on downs 3 times, fumbling, bad throws, a missed field goal, and only a 10 point first half output against a D that was about as bad as their own I am not ready to give the offense a pass for the game. 38 points should be enough to win any game, but they did not have a great game if they only put up 38 points against that terrible defense.

Warren, just like Kilgore the week before, showed what a REAL D-1 quarterback does on gameday. (And we'll simply disregard the fact that Warren was FCS, that's just piling on.)

The defense did few favors, but the receivers were wide open all game, and, particularly in the first half when we should have been blowing them out of the stadium, Weber couldn't hit the broad side of a barn to save his ass. Weber needs to be benched. Permanently. And Brewster needs to leave the University of Minnesota, either on his own or be forced out. Soon.

Pathetic.

weber played pretty well yesterday. im all for taking the shots at brew but your being a complete ass clown by ripping weber. our offense didnt lose that game, weber didnt lose that game! our defense was god awful and thats why we lost. quit being an a**hole

weber played pretty well yesterday. im all for taking the shots at brew but your being a complete ass clown by ripping weber. our offense didnt lose that game, weber didnt lose that game! our defense was god awful and thats why we lost. quit being an a**hole

You're an ass-clown for being a blind supporter of a terrible coach and a terrible QB who made a ton of mistakes in ONLY scoring 38 against a defense that looked even worse than our own pathetic defense. Get a brain.

Top Bottom