Walk-on WR Larry Wright III enters transfer portal

Had a good spring game but I think the reason he is transferring is because he wasn’t going to see playing time

Had a good spring game but I think the reason he is transferring is because he wasn’t going to see playing time
Yeah, he definitely looked good in the spring game but was most likely still quite a ways down the depth chart for meaningful playing time in games.

Hopefully he can find a good landing spot and maybe even end up on scholarship. Interesting that he waited this long to make the decision.

My guess is that he will drop down a level which should let him play right away in the fall.

Yeah, he definitely looked good in the spring game but was most likely still quite a ways down the depth chart for meaningful playing time in games.

Hopefully he can find a good landing spot and maybe even end up on scholarship. Interesting that he waited this long to make the decision.

My guess is that he will drop down a level which should let him play right away in the fall.
Yeah. Knock on him as a big ten player was top end speed. Happy he gave it a ride for a while. Could be a really good player at FCS or D2 level

Yeah. Knock on him as a big ten player was top end speed. Happy he gave it a ride for a while. Could be a really good player at FCS or D2 level
Top end Speed is important, but it’s like 5th on the list of important skills behind catching the ball, route running, quickness and game smarts.

I liked what I saw in the spring from Larry and hopefully he showed enough to get on a team he can get a lot of playing time with.

Yep, would think Dakotas. Had offers from NDSU and South Dakota.

First team All-Conf for Eastview, but that's it. Certainly had/has P5/NFL size, but whatever else wasn't there. Exactly the kind of guy that's a great PWO offer, as he was. Glad he gave it a shot, sorry it did not work out. Best of luck to him!

I’m going to be honest…

Preferred Larry Wright and Larry Wright Jr

Top end Speed is important, but it’s like 5th on the list of important skills behind catching the ball, route running, quickness and game smarts.

I liked what I saw in the spring from Larry and hopefully he showed enough to get on a team he can get a lot of playing time with.
Yeah. He’s leaving though

He gets an anonymous message on the portal from Hamilton Ontario Western University asking him to come do a workout for them in Minneapolis and see if he can pick up the Canadian game. He arrives, does a few warmup drills, and out comes CFL legend Rickey Foggie. He throws him a pass 18 yards deep in the end zone and it's got a piece of paper attached to it. Larry, you are the HOW of this University and I'm proud to offer you a scholarship to the University of Minnesota. Goldy runs in swinging a certain Axe along with PJ and the team and it's pandemonium.

Larry ends up taking $50K in NIL money from Texas Tech.

I heard he is going to Missouri State with the Gopher QB that transferred their this year.

I was right about the MVFC but obviously wrong about the Dakotas!

Don't know about UND and USD these days, but NDSU and SDSU still run the air out of the ball, and mostly do play-action passes. Probably not very fun for WR's there.

Don't know about UND and USD these days, but NDSU and SDSU still run the air out of the ball, and mostly do play-action passes. Probably not very fun for WR's there.
Mann is going to Winona

Per the thread topic ... I was guessing LW3 might go to a Dakotas, since he had NDSU and USD offers.

NDSU just had a wideout go in the second round I think. They’re fine. You can have fun playing wideout in a non spread. Just harder to get on the field

Top Bottom