Visual resume of all teams that were ranked

DarrenTheGreek

Gov. Victory Bell Ringer
Reaction score
M0rMna3.png

Credit goes to a reddit user for creating this. Every team that was ranked at some point in the season is represented.
LOSS Column: red = unranked loss; pink = ranked loss
WIN Column; white = ranked win (current rankings...11-25); green =top 10 win (current rankings)

It is a system shocker to see the beloved Gophers up on a chart of any kind.

Hopefully - this is the new normal.

Is it just me or did you forget to post the link? I don't see anything.

I am definitely able to see the pasted snapshot of the spreadsheet from a Reddit user that @DarrenTheGreek posted on my desk top computer.

Also, I just confirmed that I can see it on my Android phone. You cannot see the spreadsheet on Post #1? @DarrenTheGreek, can you attach it as a PDF file also?

Here is a link to the reddit post for anyone that can't see the image:

Gophers can make a legit claim to be #5. Should be probably 6 or 7.

Gophers can make a legit claim to be #5. Should be probably 6 or 7.
Yep. No reason they should be behind Oregon, Utah and OU. You can make an argument for Alabama (they have a better loss), and PSU (3 ranked wins, better loss) being above us.

It makes no sense that the SEC has three teams in the Top 5 right now. They have three losses to G5 opponents and a losing record against the other P5 conferences. The bottom half of the conference is horrible and has propped-up the top teams.

It makes no sense that the SEC has three teams in the Top 5 right now. They have three losses to G5 opponents and a losing record against the other P5 conferences. The bottom half of the conference is horrible and has propped-up the top teams.

The Big Ten also has 3 losses to G5 teams, and went 4-5 against the other P5 conferences this year. Not sure this is the argument that proves Big Ten > SEC.

The Big Ten also has 3 losses to G5 teams, and went 4-5 against the other P5 conferences this year. Not sure this is the argument that proves Big Ten > SEC.

Rutgers kills the BG10 if you start looking at bottom teams.

If Penn State loses, does Wisconsin jump them? I'd assume not. Losses to Ohio State & Illinois is worse than losses to Ohio State & Minnesota.

My guess is that next week will be #9 MN vs #12 WI

If Penn State loses, does Wisconsin jump them? I'd assume not. Losses to Ohio State & Illinois is worse than losses to Ohio State & Minnesota.

My guess is that next week will be #9 MN vs #12 WI

Probably depends on how big of an ass whoopin Ohio State puts on Penn State. If it is a close game then I agree that Penn State stays in front of Sconnie.

Probably depends on how big of an ass whoopin Ohio State puts on Penn State. If it is a close game then I agree that Penn State stays in front of Sconnie.

I think they stay in front of WI regardless of the score because even if they get blown out, Wisconsin also got blown out by OSU. I think the score matters more for whether Florida jumps them. Lose closely and I think they stay in front of FL. Loss bad and they go to #11 behind Florida. This sort of matters because it's the difference of us having a top ten win or not.

As opposed to Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Nebraska, Purdue...

I wasn’t comparing the SEC to the Big Ten.

The SEC had 3 teams in the Top 5, the Big Ten has just one. You should therefore expect them to be vastly better statistically. But they both have a .500 record against the P5 if you include ND and BYU. The SEC actually has 5 losses against the G5: TN (GA St), MO (WY) MS (Mem), AR (SJ St), Van (UNLV). The B1G has only 3.

The Big Ten beats the SEC in most other objective measures this season too.

I wasn’t comparing the SEC to the Big Ten.

The SEC had 3 teams in the Top 5, the Big Ten has just one. You should therefore expect them to be vastly better statistically. But they both have a .500 record against the P5 if you include ND and BYU. The SEC actually has 5 losses against the G5: TN (GA St), MO (WY) MS (Mem), AR (SJ St), Van (UNLV). The B1G has only 3.

The Big Ten beats the SEC in most other objective measures this season too.

SEC has better looking college girls though, so that probably helps them with the CFP eye test.

Top Bottom