Virginia

Goldmember

Reaction score
Wow... Virginia is having problems.

I wonder if it's too late to cancel that game @ Murfreesboro and sign-up for the same deal to play @ Charlottesville. Have them come here in 2015 instead of this Mid Ten State @ TCF in 2017 garbage.

Revenge for the Music City Bowl!

Wow... Virginia is having problems.

I wonder if it's too late to cancel that game @ Murfreesboro and sign-up for the same deal to play @ Charlottesville. Have them come here in 2015 instead of this Mid Ten State @ TCF in 2017 garbage.

Revenge for the Music City Bowl!

I'd love to see a game @ Virginia. I'd also love to tour that new bball arena they've got while I'm there.

Chances of backing out on MTSU at this point are prob slim to none though. So lets get it done for sometime in the future. :)

Living in Charlottesville, I would love that. Everyone here is just waiting for Al Groh's inevitable firing and Jim Grobe's hopeful hiring. It's amazing to think this team went 10-2 in 2007. I was at the TCU game, and they looked totally inept. If you think the Gopher offense is bad...

The basketball arena is nice, but over-rated IMO. But no arena will over-whelm you when it's 1/3 empty. The football stadium is actually pretty nice for a stadium that you never hear about.

Living in Charlottesville, I would love that. Everyone here is just waiting for Al Groh's inevitable firing and Jim Grobe's hopeful hiring. It's amazing to think this team went 10-2 in 2007. I was at the TCU game, and they looked totally inept. If you think the Gopher offense is bad...

The basketball arena is nice, but over-rated IMO. But no arena will over-whelm you when it's 1/3 empty. The football stadium is actually pretty nice for a stadium that you never hear about.

I've always loved the look of that stadium, with the columns and the hill behind the one end zone.

Good for Virginia, their fans who had nothing but negative things to say about Minnesota when trying to lure Tubby away.

Good for Virginia, their fans who had nothing but negative things to say about Minnesota when trying to lure Tubby away.

This is true and I found it quite annoying. But much of it stemmed from the perception that Minnesota is a barren arctic wasteland in the winter and arrogance about any ACC job versus any Big 10 job and not specific disrespect for the MN basketball program per se. I'm not sure it would have been any different if he'd been rumored for Virginia Tech, or NC State, etc.

And the few fans I encountered at the Music City Bowl were total snobs.

It's never true to paint everyone with a broad brush. But while I know many very nice UVA alums, there is a strong minority who consider themselves superior to anyone in town who is not a UVA alum. The reality is that outside of the very core of town that is near the university, there are more Hokies around then there are Hoos and I think it annoys them.

Top Bottom