Vikings Sign Logan Payne

Yet everyone on here hates the Vikings. They've signed five former Gophers. That seems like a lot to me.

I don't think everyone on here hates the Vikings. I think most on here hate the way the local media covers the vikings compared to the gophers.

While they are shirking the gophers, they are slurping the Vikings.

I am a big Vikings fan.

Great news. I always really liked Logan Payne. He was much better than he ever got credit for. I remember Laurence Maroney, once he´d gone to the NFL saying that Logan Payne was one of the best WRs in the country, but Mason just didn´t know how to use WRs properly.

I hope they move to L.A.

Me too, and I hope once they get there they go to 4 more Superbowls and choke them all so they can be even more laughingstocks than the Buffalo Bills. The way they choked the Saints game away was priceless

Correction.....half the people on this board hate the Vikings.....:rolleyes:

It just seems like everyone hates the vikes because those that do are a bunch of loud, whining pricks.

only the packer fans who are also gopher fans hate the vikes, probably because their god decided that he wanted to *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# on the whole state by playing for the vikes, but I digress.

I watch every Gopher game and every Vikings game, I cheer for the Vikings and hope they win every game. That being said, I wouldn't be heartbroken if they left.

The only pro game I give a rats ass about these days is the Twins. I don't hate the Vikings, and I don't turn the channel if I find myself in front of the game, but I no longer make time for them. I'm a homer and proud to be, and I don't feel as if the pro games in this town are mine or belong to us as fans. Rented entertainment is all they are to me. The Gophers are ours.

The only pro game I give a rats ass about these days is the Twins. I don't hate the Vikings, and I don't turn the channel if I find myself in front of the game, but I no longer make time for them. I'm a homer and proud to be, and I don't feel as if the pro games in this town are mine or belong to us as fans. Rented entertainment is all they are to me. The Gophers are ours.

so in your opinion the twins are rented from DC?

I only hate the Vikings because I get really tired of a team threatening to move every few years over a stadium. My hatred started when Red McCombs bought them and said they are staying right here in Minnesota and 2 seconds later threatening to move to San Antonio and Wilf then says the same damn thing only this time it's LA. Move or don't move but don't keep making threats.

Only a small (but very vocal) minority of Gopher fans hate the Vikings. Most of the people watching the Gophers at TCF on Saturday are watching the Vikings on Sunday. If I can only watch one or the other, I'll watch the Gophers.

Rented entertainment is all they are to me.

A team that has existed here, and only here, for nearly 50 years is "rented"?

What standard of tenancy do they have to achieve for you to no longer consider them "rented"?

Too bad Payne didn't redshirt....1 catch his first two years and 96 catches his last two years

I watch every Gopher game and every Vikings game, I cheer for the Vikings and hope they win every game. That being said, I wouldn't be heartbroken if they left.

Why? I'm curious to reasoning? You're in the 'Gopher popularity would explode' camp?

I only hate the Vikings because I get really tired of a team threatening to move every few years over a stadium. My hatred started when Red McCombs bought them and said they are staying right here in Minnesota and 2 seconds later threatening to move to San Antonio and Wilf then says the same damn thing only this time it's LA. Move or don't move but don't keep making threats.

It's incredibly tiring and Ziggy and Lester Bagley have handled in poorly. But to direct all hatred towards the Viking owners is misguided. There's a reason the North Stars AND Timberwolves AND Twins AND Vikings AND Gophers have all had stadium issues/problems in the last 20 years. And it's not that all had owners/administrations that were unreasonable, selfish dirtbags, though some of them had these traits. The common-thread is they all had to deal with a stubborn, scared, pie-in-the-sky legislature that had to properly hand-wring and reject every such stadium proposal for 10 years before approving it. Thankfully at least the X, Target Field and TCF were done right. The Metrodome was haggled over for a decade and then built cheap and half-@ssed which is the reason we were back banging our head against the wall 15 years later.

It's not just the legislature. The same public that demands no public funds for private stadiums when the team is still here will turn around shake their fists at the legislature for letting the team get away if the team leaves. Although I do think that it will be unsustainable in the long run to build stadiums at the rate the NFL does, people need to make up their minds.

Top Bottom