Vikings - Gophers flip-flop

hungan1

Reaction score
I just thought of something.

Last weekend, the Gophers did not go for it on 4th down and lost. The Vikings decided to go for it on 4th down and won. No guts no glory.

Last weekend, the Gophers did not go for it on 4th down and lost. The Vikings decided to go for it on 4th down and won. No guts no glory.
Didn't take any guts in the 1st quarter. On 4th and goal from the 2 you have at least a 50% chance to score. If you fail you give Iowa the ball with 99 yards to score a TD. With our good defense we then have a small chance for a safety and the ball back and a great chance to force a punt and get decent to great field position and another chance to score.

High school coaches get that one right.

Didn't take any guts in the 1st quarter. On 4th and goal from the 2 you have at least a 50% chance to score. If you fail you give Iowa the ball with 99 yards to score a TD. With our good defense we then have a small chance for a safety and the ball back and a great chance to force a punt and get decent to great field position and another chance to score.

I do agree with you, I think there is more up side to for for ot there. I was surprised Glen Mason today agreed with the decision to kick the field goal.

High School coaches don't have almost automatic kickers(even from that distance) along with a great snapper and holder.
I had no problem with kicking the FG there as points were going to be important and getting 3 to tie the game was a good start. The play calling before the half right after we go the fumble and had 4 minutes to move the ball into scoring position is where the game turned. We didn't even try to score a TD and wasted way too much time between plays.

High School coaches don't have almost automatic kickers(even from that distance) along with a great snapper and holder.
I had no problem with kicking the FG there as points were going to be important and getting 3 to tie the game was a good start. The play calling before the half right after we go the fumble and had 4 minutes to move the ball into scoring position is where the game turned. We didn't even try to score a TD and wasted way too much time between plays.
It's an extra point kick. High school teams do that routinely.

The gophers have won more than they have lost this year too

whereas the Vikings haven’t.

Top Bottom