Video: Ben Johnson on Gophers shooting woes

Quick making excuses and start winning some meaningful games or step down. Big Ten is a tough conference with many veteran coaches. I have always been rooting for him, but he needs to find a better moving offense. This team has plenty of talent to win big games. Hopefully we see some yet this year. Overall, still in a spot to make something happen this year and then this team could all be back next year. FIND AN OFFENSE! FAST BREAK!

Yes, sometime outside shots don't go in. Your JOB as a coach is to get them out of that and run some offense that gets the ball in. Or drives to the bucket. Letting them chuck 30 - 3 point baskets isn't on them Ben. It's on YOU. Take control of your team for christmas sake.

As a coach if my squad is hitting 80% of their shots from inside the ark while only make 12% from 3... And they keep chucking up 3s.... The riding the pine... That's 100% on coach... He is so far in over his head...

Last night was coaching. McCaffrey who I can’t stand, schooled Ben. He ran a much much better offensive scheme… in fact I didn’t recognize one for the Gophers. Add to that, we played awful defense. Not hitting 3s…well then stop shooting them so much.

Last night was an overall immature game by all involved. Reboot, back to basics and keep getting better. Too many guys trying to find their shot last night rather than moving the ball. Struggles in feeding the post is embarrassing at times.

One thing I've noticed is we drive too often, get stuck and lack the ability to finish or get a clean kick out. Our shots aren't dropping because we are struggling to move the ball for good step in looks. There was a point last night where Carrington was wide open and our player threw him a bounce pass to the wing, from the top of the key. Who the hell is expecting a bounce pass in that situation?
Would love to know Christie's % off the catch and shoot vs off the dribble.

You can play fast with good passing and get quick/better looks than we get right now.

You can play fast with good passing and get quick/better looks than we get right now.
The really frustrating part is that we have seen the team do this with a high level of success for stretches but there is no consistency. Last two games have been a mess and the upcoming stretch won't be easy. Going to have to figure it out quickly or we will be looking at a long losing streak.

His mindset is off base! Ben needs to start coaching. Hold kids accountable. There is a reason why teams have coaches at the highest level. Get them in sets that compliment what you have.

Top Bottom