Video: 7-foot, 440-pound lineman might be the biggest football player ever

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<iframe width='560' height='354' src="//www.maxpreps.com/widgets/video.aspx?id=4a8b6677-1ff5-4746-aac0-a96fe747cd4c" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Friends, this is what's known in the business as a Very Big Football Player. Max Preps published a wonderful profile of John Krahn, a 7', 440-pound senior from Southern California. Krahn, who has drawn some recruiting eyes at a USA Football camp, say he's trying to trim some weight to become a bit nimbler:

There's no doubt that, right now, Krahn is a raw player. He excels in the weight room, but struggles with his footwork. He is relatively new to the sport, but is working hard to improve.

"I've had minimal experience," Krahn said. "I started in high school, but I've trained my way through, going to different camps."

Krahn told MaxPreps that he's attempting to shed some pounds by adhering to a 3,000-calorie diet comprised mainly of fish and chicken.

"I have to lose weight, for our team," he said.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/24/9391779/7-foot-440-pound-football-player-high-school

Go Gophers!!

Wonder if that RB crapped his pants at 1:12?

Good lord....can you imagine being a little high school running back and getting tackled by that guy....Seeing him on the D-Line would motivate me to run faster with the ball to get the heck out of any area where he might make the tackle.

holy crap, did his parents just put beef and corn into a blender and serve that in a baby bottle?!

BFG = Big F***ing Guy. No chance this guy gets a scholarship. Merely big. Can't move.

Good lord....can you imagine being a little high school running back and getting tackled by that guy....Seeing him on the D-Line would motivate me to run faster with the ball to get the heck out of any area where he might make the tackle.

Upon seeing this story, my first thought is that this is actually a legitimate safety concern for his teammates and opponents and I am not sure he should be playing high school football... picture a botched or awkward tackle and him falling badly on someone a third of his size...

Upon seeing this story, my first thought is that this is actually a legitimate safety concern for his teammates and opponents and I am not sure he should be playing high school football... picture a botched or awkward tackle and him falling badly on someone a third of his size...

It's probably a safety concern for him to be playing football, too. I'm guessing his cardiovascular system is pretty strained as it is. Sprinting around probably isn't the best thing for him until he loses quite a bit of weight.

Top Bottom