Verdell Jones

XMan

Reaction score
When we were recruiting Verdell and he passed on Tubby and signed with Indiana, I shrugged it off as no big deal. However, after seeing him play this season, he is a fun player to watch. He would have been a nice player for the grophers and he is much better than I expected. I have no idea how he would fit in with this team, but the kid can play.

That said, now we get to squash him and the rest of the Hoosiers tomorrow.

When we were recruiting Verdell and he passed on Tubby and signed with Indiana, I shrugged it off as no big deal. However, after seeing him play this season, he is a fun player to watch. He would have been a nice player for the grophers and he is much better than I expected. I have no idea how he would fit in with this team, but the kid can play.

That said, now we get to squash him and the rest of the Hoosiers tomorrow.

He is a great player but a classless jerk. You would think that he would have some respect for Minnesota that recruited him hard. Instead, he always wants to stick to us for what reason, I don't know?

Where would he be in our rotation this year if he had become a gopher?

Kid has always irritated me and I'm glad he's not here. Honestly he's not that good.

he was a classless flop-king last time... he had like 20 FTs.. lets hope the refs 'let em play' this time around.

However, after seeing him play this season, he is a fun player to watch. He would have been a nice player for the grophers and he is much better than I expected. I have no idea how he would fit in with this team, but the kid can play.

I completely agree. We could have used him this season and he had a great freshman year as well. To whoever didn't want him - you're wrong. This kid would have been a major asset for us.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/players/81758

He would certainly be helping us this year, but i hate his on the court demenour so i almost don't mind.

Yeah, we wouldn't want a kid that's averaged 15 - 20 points a game during the Big 10 season this year and last and has apparently stayed out of trouble and on the team.

He would have taken over for Nolen last year and not looked back.

he was a classless flop-king last time... he had like 20 FTs.. lets hope the refs 'let em play' this time around.
Man, it would be so great if the Gophers had a "flop-king". If you're pissing the other team off, you're doing something right.

Now about that push off...

Had he been ours we would have called it brilliant. :)

Personally, I wish he would have bit off his tongue when he stuck it out. But, that's just me.

He's only averaging 3.3 assists/game while giving up 2.8 turnovers/game. Not good at all for a starting PG. Plus his on the court demeanor isn't very likeable. I don't mind that he isn't here.

Lets just hope that Devoe outplays him on both ends today.

Lets just hope that Devoe outplays him on both ends today.

Yeah! I'm getting pumped already. That win over Wisky put me back on path. I liked how the team didn't go through the motions. They didn't cash in on the season. I give coach Smith credit for a fine job of getting them refocused. Everything could have went south. Tough thing for a coach to do, but apparently he did it. Crush em by 40! Sorry for getting off thread, couldn't help it.

I think the student section just needs to all stick their tongues out at him..like that ass did after flopping at home

That's because he isn't a PG.

Well he was a PG in high school and handles the ball a lot for them. Might not take it down every time for them, but he does quite a bit. I wasn't really getting at the Assists part of it (~3.5 a game isn't horrible by any stretch), but more that he averages close to 3 turnovers a game.

Every team has a leading scorer. Every team needs someone to shoot the ball. I wasn't impressed with him in HS, haven't been overly impressed with him in college, and he comes off like an idiot. I'm fine with Joseph as opposed to him.

Verdell is playing great and only a sophmore, anyone who doesnt want them on their team is in denial.

Top Bottom