USC suspends top RB Marc Tyler for Gopher game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this Doogie/ESPN combo tweet:

"Was USC's leading rusher -- 1,183 yards -- last season. #ItshappeningforGopherstoo RT @schadjoe USC suspends Marc Tyler for opener."

Go Gophers!!

do i even want to know what that hashtag means?

Yeah, I don't get the hashtag. Does that mean Bennett is suspended for the first game or something? Or is it a reference to Eskridge?

The hashtag is a AM 1500 thing. They started the hashtag: #ItsHappening for when the Twins started coming back this season, so by saying #ItshappeningforGopherstoo is their way of saying the Gophers are on their way up.

Dude is listed at 5'11" 230 lbs. Probably runs a 4.5 forty as well. Keep screwing around USC; Gophers are going to catch you off guard.

I believe sophomore Dillon Baxter (5'11" 195lbs. ) will be taking Tyler's spot for that game. Just look at this guy's HS accolades:

HIGH SCHOOL: His 2009 honors included EA Sports Mr. Football USA, Max Preps National Player of the Year, U.S. Army Ken Hall National Player of the Year, Parade All-American All-Purpose MVP, EA Sports All-American first team, Super Prep All-American, Prep Star All-American, Scout.com All-Americ first team, Max Preps All-American first team, Max Preps All-American Medium School National Player of the Year, Sporting News Top 100, Super Prep Elite 50, Prep Star Dream Team, Super Prep All-Farwest Offensive Player of the Year, Prep Star All-West, Orange County Register Fab 15 first team, Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West first team, Tacoma News Tribune Western 100, Cal-Hi Sports California Mr. Football Player of the Year, Max Preps California Division II Player of the Year, Cal-Hi Sports All-State first team, Cal-Hi Sports All-State Medium Schools Player of the Year and All-CIF San Diego Player of the Year as a senior quarterback, running back and wide receiver at Mission Bay High in San Diego (Calif.). He completed 102-of-166 passes (61.4%) for 1,968 yards with 26 TDs and just 7 interceptions and ran for a San Diego record 2,984 yards on 261 carries (11.4 avg.) with 50 TDs (he also caught a TD pass) while accounting for a state record 79 touchdowns on offense, had 2 interceptions and scored twice on defense and returned 9 punts for 117 yards (13.0 avg.) and 11 kickoffs for 179 yards (16.3 avg.) in 2009. Mission Bay went 13-0 and won the CIF San Diego Division IV title in 2009. As a junior in 2008, he made Cal-Hi Sports All-State Underclass first team and San Diego Union-Tribune All-San Diego first team. He completed 100-of-185 passes (54.1%) for 1,293 yards and 11 TDs, plus ran for 1,258 yards with 16 TDs and had 250 receiving yards with 5 TDs in 2008. As a sophomore in 2007, he made Cal-Hi Sports All-State Sophomore first team. In 2010, he was named one of the top 50 athletes in the CIF San Diego Section's first 50 years.

Ah, so that's what got him suspended LOL. That was hilarious, smooth dude there. I love the reaction of his teammates as well when he talked about USC breakin bread haha

Oh come on folks it ain't like he said that Kiffin gave him Kardashian's number.

Part of the new institutional control mechanisms force the kids to leave the locker room to participate. It makes it harder to recruit at USC now I've heard. However they've set up bus trips to ASU, so they aren't in the state getting in trouble.

I'm not saying we don't have any, but it amazes me how stupid some of these athletes are.

Marc has issues he has to resolve...he has yet to hear the ruling from Student Affairs, so this could be even worse for Marc when that ruling comes in.

Marc's father Wendell (a UCLA Bruin star and NFL player for the 49ers) was on ESPN radio supporting the university's decision, and apologized to the university for his son's behavior.

If the Gopher's beat the Trojans, it will not be because Marc is out, no excuses...and I'll certainly come back to congratulate the Gopher fans.

Glad to see Lane "I will clean up the mess" Kiffin has control of this program. LMAO Wait till the UT violations carry over for the "official visit" pin cushion squad...

My bad, missed it. I didn't think it would have been that far down the thread list.

Kinda not surprised. Hopefully the fact that they only suspended him for Minnesota is because they don't think highly of us and we catch them off guard big time.

John Ireland on ESPN radio here in LA said USC could beat MN without any RB's. And he's a UCLA grad. People out here in Trojanwood are homers like anyone else, especially since they do not have a pro FB team.

Top Bottom