USC Fires HC Lane Kiffin

I still don't know how he got all those good jobs with no resume other than his dad might come with him if he was hired.

Crap. Was hoping he would still be coaching when they play Oregon State in one month.

Hope that USC makes a big, big push for Pat Fitzgerald. He is one of the best coaches in the country IMO. Would love to see him out of the Big Ten for selfish reason. I think Northwestern would drop back to the MN level.

Even though Brewster wasn't a good hire, this guy would've been worse. Everywhere he has been Oakland, Tennessee, USC he has left in shambles. He will not be a head coach again in the NFL and won't be a FBS coach again for at least 5 years.

Even though Brewster wasn't a good hire, this guy would've been worse. Everywhere he has been Oakland, Tennessee, USC he has left in shambles. He will not be a head coach again in the NFL and won't be a FBS coach again for at least 5 years.

Don't underestimate him. A good snake oil salesman just needs to find one gullible person to con and he'll be right back in the game (see Maturi, Joel and Brewster, Tim).

Don't underestimate him. A good snake oil salesman just needs to find one gullible person to con and he'll be right back in the game (see Maturi, Joel and Brewster, Tim).

The difference is there was no previous warning with Brewster. Kiffin has effed up three high profile jobs.

Oakland and Tennessee were in shambles when he got there.

What a crazy career.

I'm guessing he's worth $20 million dollars and has never clearly succeeded at any job he's had.

May we all be such failures.

He'll be coaching somewhere else soon.

The difference is there was no previous warning with Brewster. Kiffin has effed up three high profile jobs.

True, but before that he had effed up two high profile jobs and a blue blood program like USC still took him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he finds another fool like Haden to bamboozle. College sports is full of them.

True, but before that he had effed up two high profile jobs and a blue blood program like USC still took him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he finds another fool like Haden to bamboozle. College sports is full of them.
Hayden did not hire him.

Oakland and Tennessee were in shambles when he got there.

Agree Oakland was always a mess, but the public fight with Al Davis was pretty priceless. I would argue that Tennessee wasn't. Sure they were down, but they were a program with good recent tradition. When Kiffin left they were way worse off than just your average unsuccessful hire.

I still don't know how he got all those good jobs with no resume other than his dad might come with him if he was hired.

Completely agree. He's done absolutely nothing at any of his stops as a head coach and on top of that, he's an arrogant jackass who has been caught breaking NCAA rules on a regular basis. It's truly a mystery how he ever got hired at USC.

Haden is a class guy and Haden wasn't his hire (I don't believe), so this isn't that surprising.

I give Kiffin a pass on the Oakland debacle. Al Davis was a certifiable loon and he wanted a "Yes Man." Davis was probably surprised when he found out that wasn't Kiffin.

I think the messes at Tennessee and USC speak for themselves.

Brilliant Decision Making

Bring Kiffin to the U!!! He would give the program a chance to be good.

Gopher Warrior,

If you will remember, just a few short years ago, dozens of people were on this board clamboring for the Gophers to hire Kiffin. Maybe they were his relatives. I am trying to remember, I think it was after Robert Bruininks / Joel Maturi (or was it Lyndon Baines Johnson / Robert McNamara) fired Glen Mason.

How can people say Kiffin has done nothing? He played a big role in recruiting during Carroll's best years at USC. Sure they paid players to go there, but.... no, there's no but. Kiffin is a huge d-bag. Getting canned in this fashion couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy (no offense to Lane's relatives).

Gopher Warrior,

If you will remember, just a few short years ago, dozens of people were on this board clamboring for the Gophers to hire Kiffin. Maybe they were his relatives. I am trying to remember, I think it was after Robert Bruininks / Joel Maturi (or was it Lyndon Baines Johnson / Robert McNamara) fired Glen Mason.

You could be right but I don't remember there being that many people that wanted him badly.

Top Bottom