US to pull out of Syria + Turkey to invade Syria?

bottlebass

Main Member
Not arguing, just discussing & learning.

- I think it's more of a political opportunity to attack Trump, than an ideological belief that this Kurd group are solid citizens.

- I stand corrected on NATO. It was the UN who pledged to collaborate with Turkey on this.

UN ready for close cooperation with Turkey on Syria operation:
https://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-terror/2019/10/07/un-ready-for-close-cooperation-with-turkey-on-syria-op

- I believe (?) what Trump is talking about in reference to crushing Turkey's economy is from when they were buying the oil that ISIS was stealing in Syria. Turkey made a LOT of money from that for a while.

Russia unveils 'proof' Turkey's Erdogan is smuggling Isis oil across border from Syria
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-releases-proof-turkey-is-smuggling-isis-oil-over-its-border-a6757651.html
I agree on that to an extent. I also think a lot of the people posting the pictures of injured Kurds have no idea that there are groups of Kurds in Syria that have been killing innocent Turks for years.

bottlebass

Main Member
You think Turkey is differentiating? That's adorable.
Do you think the kurds have differentiated in Turkey?

Like S2 said, whether we are there or not people in the ME are going to die. And like I said, that area has been at war since the beginning of time. Us being there isn't going to stop what is clearly an unstoppable force. Bring our troops home.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Do you think the kurds have differentiated in Turkey?

Like S2 said, whether we are there or not people in the ME are going to die. And like I said, that area has been at war since the beginning of time. Us being there isn't going to stop what is clearly an unstoppable force. Bring our troops home.
Or are they still at war because the West keeping meddling?

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
This current development is obviously complex & nuanced. But broadly speaking, Trump appears to take his foreign policy cues from Russia and other foreign leaders and disregard traditional Western allies and our own military leaders. His foreign policy moves appear to at least indirectly impact Trump Co. It's these shifting allegiances that have me concerned.

Tredwell

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
How can that be?

Trump was defending his decision to remove American troops from a part of northern Syria that Turkey wanted to attack. Speaking to reporters on the White House lawn, Trump asserted, "We have no soldiers in Syria."

"We've won, we beat ISIS, and we beat 'em badly and decisively. We have no soldiers. The last thing I want to do is bring thousands and thousands of soldiers in and defeat everybody again. We've already done that," Trump said.

Mr. Stop Endless Wars is sending 1500 more troops to Saudi Arabia.

howeda7

What do you mean no? You don't think the perpetual shifting of arms and allegiances has any impact on the instability of the region? Why are we pulling troops out of Syria only to send more to Saudi Arabia?
The Saudi's pay cash and lend a lot of it to Jared.

MennoSota

There is just a lot of hatred for each other over there. Islam is not, it turns out, a peaceful religion.

Take a look at this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_conflicts_in_the_Middle_East
The only Theocracy is Iran. The others are run by Tyrants who use Islam as a tool for having an iron fist upon the people.
This does not mean that Islam is not a religion intent on expansion. It is, much like Christianity. But, the rulers in the Middle East are Machiavellian. They use the local religion to hold power for themselves. Turkey and Saudi Arabia are prime examples.

bga1

The only Theocracy is Iran. The others are run by Tyrants who use Islam as a tool for having an iron fist upon the people.
This does not mean that Islam is not a religion intent on expansion. FALSEIt is, much like Christianity. FALSE. But, the rulers in the Middle East are Machiavellian. They use the local religion to hold power for themselves. Turkey and Saudi Arabia are prime examples.
oof

MennoSota

Your response is what I expected. Perhaps if you read what I wrote, you would have a deeper response. But, I suspect you don't really want to explore the nuance of Islam when your naive opinion solves your prejudice just fine.

oof

Latest profile posts