US to pull out of Syria + Turkey to invade Syria?

MnplsGopher

Cheney is scum, but you're a tool for leaving Obama out of this post. He armed them, funded them supplied air cover for them, allowed them to flourish by changing army engagement protocols & ran cover for them saying they were just "the JV team".
Trump is far worse than Cheney. Neither made any measurable impact on your life. Yet you worship Trump.

I’m guessing it’s just a schtick that gives you the most ammo to troll the most people on message boards.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Trump is far worse than Cheney. Neither made any measurable impact on your life. Yet you worship Trump.

I’m guessing it’s just a schtick that gives you the most ammo to troll the most people on message boards.
Cheney was partially responsible for the Iraq war. An elective war for profit. Same as Obama with Libya, Syria & Yemen. Trump's sin is trying to get us out of the war in Syria. Remember when the D's used to at least pretend to be the anti-war party?

Dean S

Costa Riot

Cheney was partially responsible for the Iraq war. An elective war for profit. Same as Obama with Libya, Syria & Yemen. Trump's sin is trying to get us out of the war in Syria. Remember when the D's used to at least pretend to be the anti-war party?
Trump just displaced 80,000 Kurdish children from their homes. That does not include the adults. Hundreds of ISIS fighters found a way out of prison. Not exactly Trump's plan. Yet, it happened because of his inability to plan more than a nanosecond in advance. He ceded northern Syria to Russia and Iran. Neither of which were his stated goal, but it happened, nonetheless. He rewarded Erdogan with carte blanche in Northern Syria, but Erdogan will have to confront Assad and Russia, if he wants to continue to fight the Kurds. Now that is dangerous for the US as we are obligated to defend our NATO peers. Certainly, we don't have to defend an offensive operation, but if it becomes defensive and a Syrian soldier ends up in Turkey with a rifle in hand, well, there we go again into the fight. This isn't a done deal. We will get pulled back into this. It didn't save us money or lives. It makes us less secure because now we have given up our outposts to our enemies without as much as a fight. This isn't success. This is catastrophic failure of policy and planning. And, just as a matter of principle and principal, just how in the world does any President profit from war?

Minnesota

Trump is not even close to being as bad as Cheney. The liberal rehabilitation of the Bush administration is really gross.

JimmyJamesMD

Trump just displaced 80,000 Kurdish children from their homes. That does not include the adults. Hundreds of ISIS fighters found a way out of prison. Not exactly Trump's plan. Yet, it happened because of his inability to plan more than a nanosecond in advance. He ceded northern Syria to Russia and Iran. Neither of which were his stated goal, but it happened, nonetheless. He rewarded Erdogan with carte blanche in Northern Syria, but Erdogan will have to confront Assad and Russia, if he wants to continue to fight the Kurds. Now that is dangerous for the US as we are obligated to defend our NATO peers. Certainly, we don't have to defend an offensive operation, but if it becomes defensive and a Syrian soldier ends up in Turkey with a rifle in hand, well, there we go again into the fight. This isn't a done deal. We will get pulled back into this. It didn't save us money or lives. It makes us less secure because now we have given up our outposts to our enemies without as much as a fight. This isn't success. This is catastrophic failure of policy and planning. And, just as a matter of principle and principal, just how in the world does any President profit from war?
Blah blah blah. Your outrage is comical and not principled. Again, we are in Syria illegally. What gives the US the right to be there? We are stomping on another country's sovereignty.

jamiche

Ding ding ding. Couldnt have said it any better.

TDS is so strong that liberals now love Bush. W,,,T....F
Just because Bush sat next to Ellen DeGeneres at a football game doesn’t mean he has been “rehabilitated.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimmyJamesMD

Just because Bush sat next to Ellen DeGeneres at a football game doesn’t mean he has been “rehabilitated.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed. But some liberal figureheads and politicians (not saying all liberals like many on here like to do with the umbrella analysis) were talking about the good ol' days of Bush and how he has integrity, and was presidential, blah blah. They have a skewed perception of history because of their hate for Trump. Bush is a WAR CRIMINAL and should be in jail as far as im concerned

Minnesota

Agreed. But some liberal figureheads and politicians (not saying all liberals like many on here like to do with the umbrella analysis) were talking about the good ol' days of Bush and how he has integrity, and was presidential, blah blah. They have a skewed perception of history because of their hate for Trump. Bush is a WAR CRIMINAL and should be in jail as far as im concerned
Nailed it. The clamoring for a “return to normalcy” has made for strange bedfellows among the neoliberals.

bga1

Actually the intel agencies that gave him the impetus for war- are the same intel agencies that the left now says it would be a tin hat conspiracy to NOT believe them. Bush is not and was not a war criminal. That's just talking stupid JJ. You are smarter than that.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
You’re conflating liberals with the left.
That's a good point. There's nothing liberal about the left anymore. The left has embraced the NeoCons and even merged with them. I don't know where actual liberals go anymore? Maybe Susan Sarandon should start her own party?

Minnesota

That's a good point. There's nothing liberal about the left anymore. The left has embraced the NeoCons and even merged with them. I don't know where actual liberals go anymore? Maybe Susan Sarandon should start her own party?
Huh? I don’t want to get into a semantic argument but the left has not embraced the neocons. Those would be the liberals.

howeda7

Remember when Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and his supporters wouldnt care.

Cheney literally shot somebody and didnt get into trouble
Because the person he shot didn't care. I sense Trump could blast CRG or Beeg in the face with bird shot and they'd say thank you.

MnplsGopher

Remember when Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and his supporters wouldnt care.

Cheney literally shot somebody and didnt get into trouble
Cheney is horrible. Don’t get me wrong.

But at least he would’ve been presidential. At least he was strategic. At least he wasn’t motivated purely by money. He wasn’t a bumbling embarrassment of a pathetic slob. He (and Rumsfeld) genuinely enjoyed outthinking people, for the strategy of it, for the sake of promoting what they thought was correct.

Trump has none of that. And is a gross person, sexual abuser. Cheney was steadfast to his lunatic wife.

JimmyJamesMD

Cheney is horrible. Don’t get me wrong.

But at least he would’ve been presidential. At least he was strategic. At least he wasn’t motivated purely by money. He wasn’t a bumbling embarrassment of a pathetic slob. He (and Rumsfeld) genuinely enjoyed outthinking people, for the strategy of it, for the sake of promoting what they thought was correct.

Trump has none of that. And is a gross person, sexual abuser. Cheney was steadfast to his lunatic wife.
People, this is what Trump Derangement Syndrome does to many of us. Im close to calling it an epidemic

MnplsGopher

You’re like the guy saying “Look people, this is what Ebola Derangement Syndrome does to you! Too scared to leave your home because 50% of the world population has Ebola and you don’t want to become infected and die by bleeding out of your eyes! Oh boo hooo!”