Uniforms

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
I have found my favorite uniform combination: Maroon Helmets, Gold Jerseys, Maroon Pants.

Looked real sharp at the game, and on TV highlights as well.

My buddy got in the stadium early and sent me a text about the uniforms...I sent him a text back saying ugly. He said, actually now that they put the helmets on they look pretty sharp. They were better than I expected and the gold might be better when its really hot out like it was on Saturday too.

Agreed, I think those should be the permanent default home jerseys.

I prefer One colored uniforms, but if we go different colored pants and jersey this is definetly the best combo I have seen.

This has been bugging me for a couple years and can't get a 100% answer:
Who decides what jersey combo????

TV translation

I like them in person, but they don't translate to TV in my opinion.

From the distant overhead cameras the gold tops looked cheesy. They look like a solid block of gold, then with streamlined pants. I was thinking JV uniforms the whole time I saw the overhead cam.

Thin pinstriping doesn't show up on camera, so the tops need some incorporation of a thick maroon strip on the sides or shoulders.

Look at all the variations of the Cal uni's, they all have some thicker pinstriping in the jerseys.

After watching the MN games from 2003 & 2005 on BTN, I yearn for the standard maroon & gold with a standard think striping down the sides.

I liked this combination better than I expected. I agree with Lloyd that they need to incorporate more maroon in the jersey, as well as the pants. Just too bright yellow with the thin piping.

It's better than the all gold but I'd still prefer maroon jerseys and gold pants.

Since when are the we the Yellow Gophers? Gold and yellow are not the same.We need GOLD helmets,maroon jerseys and GOLD pantslikeWacker and Stoll had them wear. Get rid of the stupid piping and look like a football team should. Wacker had great uniforms and I am not talking about the ones with the M on each side on the front.

love them.

i'm all for the classic look, but let's get real things change, tastes change. the color combinations are for the players and coaches.

i would love to see gold helmets!

Since when are the we the Yellow Gophers? Gold and yellow are not the same.We need GOLD helmets,maroon jerseys and GOLD pantslikeWacker and Stoll had them wear. Get rid of the stupid piping and look like a football team should. Wacker had great uniforms and I am not talking about the ones with the M on each side on the front.

Hey Goon. No.

Vikings are Purple and Gold. Packers are Green and Gold. None of them have any sort of metallic gold. Its the same with our Maroon and Gold.

The gold that you see all the fans wearing is the gold that we will stick with. And mixing the two golds would be atrocious, just like the jerseys with the Ms on the front.

When the gophers were named the Golden Gophers, it was NOT because the players wore any type of metallic-looking gold.

A little Halloweenish - good for the MSU game, maybe. Big prefence fhere or the traditional maroon and gold outfits, though gold and white might be interesting once in a while and even the all-gold (for special occasions) looks okay.

Me and a Buddy were arguing the other day and we couldnt remember if back when marion Barber played did we have Gold jerseys? Also does anyone know a good spot to find the old school #22 maroney jersey...I cant find one anywhere!

I loved it. Putting the maroon pants in resulted in the helmets not clashing with the uniform as much.

BLACK SHOES!

My only problem with our current uniforms are the white shoes. I think they make our uniforms look a little off. I sure wish I could see em in the black shoes.

Otherwise I actually did like this weeks uniform combo better than last weeks. My favorite uniform is the all whites. They look tough in em and I love the dark maroon on the clean white.

I like them in person, but they don't translate to TV in my opinion.

From the distant overhead cameras the gold tops looked cheesy. They look like a solid block of gold, then with streamlined pants. I was thinking JV uniforms the whole time I saw the overhead cam.

Thin pinstriping doesn't show up on camera, so the tops need some incorporation of a thick maroon strip on the sides or shoulders.

I agree, close up those gold uniforms look sharp, but from a distance, the maroon highlights don't show up. Make the maroon highlights more prominent.

Our colors are maroon and gold, not maroon and metallic gold. Gold and metallic gold are distinct colors. We use a traditional gold color, that is a darker shade of yellow.

It's better than the all gold but I'd still prefer maroon jerseys and gold pants.

Yep. Me too. Adding maroon pants made those sweaty gold tops look much better. I can live with the Gold over Maroon.

I don't really like gold on gold but the gold over maroon looked great!

Will Gold Country sell Gold Nike football jerseys? They only sell maroon jerseys that I have seen and we may not ever wear those this year.

I would like the Gold Jersey's with white phants

That is probably the only thing that would make he Gold Jersey's stand out more is if you had
the dull white phants. I like the all maroon look they have worn in the past the best.

Top Bottom