Undefeated P5 teams most likely to lose at least 3 games this season (1. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

1. Minnesota: I don't think Minnesota sucks. I also don't think it's as good as its 5-0 record suggests. Last week's 40-17 win against Illinois was the first time Minnesota played like a team with its record, controlling the game for the most part. None of its first four wins felt like that, however, and while this is a good team, it isn't an (extreme P.J. Fleck voice) elite team. Plus, there are a lot of difficult games left to play. I wouldn't be shocked if the Gophers are 6-0 after this weekend's game against Nebraska, or maybe even 8-0 by the end of October. But November? November is rough. That's when the Gophers will have to play Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin in consecutive weeks. Iowa and Northwestern are both on the road, and while Northwestern's been dreadful offensively this season, its defense is still a bear. I won't be surprised at all if the Gophers head into November at 8-0 but finish the month at 9-3 or possibly even 8-4. That's why I have them at No.1 on this list.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ely-to-lose-at-least-three-games-this-season/

Go Gophers!!

I can’t disagree with the thought process we just don’t know how good they are yet. Pull off an unexpected win or two and they are in business. Finish 8-4 or 9-3 including winning 2 in a row against the red team at the end of the year and I’m happy! Finish higher and I’m ecstatic!

Not exactly a stretch; predicting an unranked team to lose 3 games against teams ranked in the top 17 currently.

I wouldn't be shocked, nor even disappointed, if the scenarios laid out ended up happening. 8-4 or 9-3 is about where they could hope to be right now.

Let's hope they take care of business today

Id rather have articles like this than be overrated. I think the football team and Fleck feel the same way.

So he's saying they're finally clicking, but that will end. Hmmm.

per CBS:

1. Minnesota: I don't think Minnesota sucks. I also don't think it's as good as its 5-0 record suggests. Last week's 40-17 win against Illinois was the first time Minnesota played like a team with its record, controlling the game for the most part. None of its first four wins felt like that, however, and while this is a good team, it isn't an (extreme P.J. Fleck voice) elite team. Plus, there are a lot of difficult games left to play. I wouldn't be shocked if the Gophers are 6-0 after this weekend's game against Nebraska, or maybe even 8-0 by the end of October. But November? November is rough. That's when the Gophers will have to play Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin in consecutive weeks. Iowa and Northwestern are both on the road, and while Northwestern's been dreadful offensively this season, its defense is still a bear. I won't be surprised at all if the Gophers head into November at 8-0 but finish the month at 9-3 or possibly even 8-4. That's why I have them at No.1 on this list.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ely-to-lose-at-least-three-games-this-season/

Go Gophers!!

Totally understandable writeup given our schedule and the way we have played to date. The only issue I would take is I don't think we are getting enough credit for the Purdue game. We were up 21 in the 4th on the road against a Big Ten team. Yes the final margin was only 7 but that game was not as close as the score would indicate.

Finishing the year with 3 loses would not be shocking given who we have coming up in November. Hopefully we don't but PSU, Iowa, and Wisc all look strong and NW on the road won't be easy.

keep over achieving their expectations its much better hearing them back pedal latter and try to say "Well we really did think they were better"

It will be fun to revisit this thread later in the season.

Totally understandable writeup given our schedule and the way we have played to date. The only issue I would take is I don't think we are getting enough credit for the Purdue game. We were up 21 in the 4th on the road against a Big Ten team. Yes the final margin was only 7 but that game was not as close as the score would indicate.

Finishing the year with 3 loses would not be shocking given who we have coming up in November. Hopefully we don't but PSU, Iowa, and Wisc all look strong and NW on the road won't be easy.

'Scuse me?

I agree 100% with MNVCGUY regarding the Purdue game. To their credit, Purdue kept battling — but the Gophers were never seriously threatened. It was not as close as the final score would indicate.

Top Bottom