UM vs UM 11/10 and 11/11

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
This game is unwatchable with the moronic student broadcasters and the terrible tv camera. Everything is so whitewashed it’s burning my eyes.

So happy to see Jimmy Clark a freshman stop in front of the net. Always felt like gophers just loved a fly by and never posted up in front of the goaltender.

It looks like two years in a row a freshman forward who had to come in earlier than we wanted is going to be an impact player.

It looks like two years in a row a freshman forward who had to come in earlier than we wanted is going to be an impact player.
Lamb?

Clark has already looked better than Lamb did the whole year last year. He will be a good 2C/3C for four years.

Lamb?

Clark has already looked better than Lamb did the whole year last year. He will be a good 2C/3C for four years.
Ok impact player was a bad term to use. “Not totally out of place” would have been a better choice.

What a comeback. Hopefully this is the spark needed to go on a run in conference.

Jimmy Clark scored twice and the Gophers men's hockey team claimed a 4-3 comeback victory over Michigan at Yost Arena in Ann Arbor, Mich.

Brody Lamb had a career-high three points, including the winning goal with 3 minutes, 28 seconds remaining in regulation, as the Gophers handed the Wolverines their third straight defeat in Big Ten play.

Frank Nazar III put Michigan on the board first early at 1:37 of the opening period but Bryce Brodzinski answered quickly for Minnesota less than two minutes later.

The Wolverines built a two-goal lead on power-play goals by Dylan Duke and Rutger McGroarty to make it 3-1. Clark cut into that lead at 19:58 of the second period. He then tied it at 3-3 midway through the third before Lamb completed the Gophers rally..

and our next 7 recruiting classes are terrible so just shut down the program
Well... to be fair... he didn't say that our recruiting is terrible. It's just way worse than Michigan, BU, Boston College, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan State, North Dakota, Penn State, Denver, CC, Lake Superior State, St. Thomas, Arizona State and Lindenwood.

Well... to be fair... he didn't say that our recruiting is terrible. It's just way worse than Michigan, BU, Boston College, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan State, North Dakota, Penn State, Denver, CC, Lake Superior State, St. Thomas, Arizona State and Lindenwood.
I draw the line at Lindenwood. Pack your bags, Bob.

Well, I was pleased to see Gophs get the win and the tie this weekend. I watched the BIG+ streaming broadcast and... if this is the future of college hockey television broadcasts, then it's hardly worth tuning in. Just find it on the radio. Back to the team. I thought they showed some grit, fire and skill in spurts. Had some extended dry spells. Close was excellent. Any time you cam take 3 points for a weekend road trip against a top 10 team, you should be happy. And BTW, Lamb is a player.

Lamb is the breakout player this year for sure. His shot must be 2nd hardest to Snuggy. It is tough to evaluate the team with the TV coverage from this weekend. Limited replays and bad angles. I don't get too upset about the Tv coverage, as I'm just glad they are available to be seen. The picture seemed to be less bright/glare one the 2nd night but the announcers were... The team is still learning how to exit the zone and not give away the pucks. Missing Faber, LaCombe and Johnson is making that clear. Luke Mittelstadt has been disappointing so far this year. I was expecting that he would take over the LaCombe scoring role on the back end. Also, waiting for Moore-Snuggerud to really start taking over and clicking. This year is a process and they should continue to grow.

Well, I was pleased to see Gophs get the win and the tie this weekend. I watched the BIG+ streaming broadcast and... if this is the future of college hockey television broadcasts, then it's hardly worth tuning in. Just find it on the radio. Back to the team. I thought they showed some grit, fire and skill in spurts. Had some extended dry spells. Close was excellent. Any time you cam take 3 points for a weekend road trip against a top 10 team, you should be happy. And BTW, Lamb is a player.
Actually we took 4 points, but I agree with everything else, including the broadcast unfortunately.

Top Bottom