UConn football doing the best they can

They try hard on the field as well, but often with similar results as this tweet.

It has been a crazy ride for UConn football.

They were largely a middling program at the FCS (back then I-AA) level in the old Yankee Conference, which was mostly all the New England states main public campuses.

Then Connecticut agreed to build a new stadium to get the Patriots to move to (near) Hartford. I don't know exactly how it all went down, if they started building it and then the deal collapsed, or if it was that everyone got so excited and then the deal collapsed. Patriots stayed.

So they said "well s___! What can we do?? ..... Wait, I got it!! We'll just bootstrap our state's middling FCS team into a BCS program and have it join the Big East!!"

It actually worked for the first bit of time, but then the Big East fell apart as a BCS conference and the UConn program has never recovered since then.

It actually worked for the first bit of time, but then the Big East fell apart as a BCS conference and the UConn program has never recovered since then.
Yes, but after years of being terrible, they have a decent shot at being bowl eligible this year under former UCLA coach Jim Mora. They're 5-5 with remaining games against Liberty and Army and have won 4 of their last 5 games. They likely don't beat Liberty but have a pretty fair chance against Army.

Graphics department? I thought a head coach did all of that stuff, along video production, social media posts, sales and marketing, and most important of all - uniform combination announcements! At least that's what I am lead to believe based on some comments I've read.

Any day that Liberty loses is a good day!

Top Bottom