Tyler Johnson interview on Kare 11 (Video)

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
Randy Shaver travelled to California to interview TJ. He brought up Matt Miller’s tweets about “character concerns.” TJ says he has no clue what that’s about. He actually seemed a little annoyed about it. Tyler isn’t going to dazzle the scouts with his interview skills, like Winfield will. He’ll need to let his film and combine performance do the talking.

Last edited:

Oh oh. TJ's trainer is an ex Green Bay Packer. All kidding aside, I am real proud of this kid. So is the Northside community where he grew up.

It is a crying shame that someone with the tap of a few keystrokes can inject baseless rumors that does damage to someone's reputation.

He will get drafted. It is a matter of when. With the WR heavy draft class, some team is going to be pleasantly surprised. I see him being projected to go from 3rd to 6th round. The combine is real important to him.

AWjr on the other hand is smooth as silk on the PR front. I will not be surprised if he goes 1st or 2nd round.

Carter Coughlin and Kamal Martin I am guessing 5th to 7th round. They need to have a good combine.

My hope is that all of them get drafted. It will be a huge deal for the Gopher Football program.

TJ seems like a great kid and I have no doubt he will be able to push aside any concerns any teams might have from a few baseless tweets. Hopefully he can put up the numbers at the combine teams need to see in order to bump him up higher in the draft. Agree with others that whoever does get him is going to get a really solid player and potentially a steal if he slips some due to the deep WR class and concerns about his top end speed.

This video really illustrates why players are able to make such a huge jump skill wise from college to the NFL sometimes. TJ is working out 7 hours a day and has been doing it for months now. That is bound to translate to improved strength, speed and precision for the NFL level. In college they just don't have the ability to train like this where they can put aside school and everything else and just focus on football.

Top Bottom