Twitter Showdown down to the wire - Brew needs help ASAP!

brewster4life

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 10:44AM
Brewster at 1,439
Cardinal at 1,479

Race to 1500. Can Brewster really lose to the (seemingly) 7-year player from Purdue(chbag)? I sure hope not - it would be quite an embarrassment.

I swore I'd never do anything Twitter related, but seeing Brew in such dire straits made me sign up and start following him (you need to "follow" him for it to count - don't worry, you won't get annoying texts/e-mails/etc. by default).

Brew himself said: "Need to make up some ground on Cardinal in the twitter race...spread the word we need about 80 more.....can't let him beat us"

http://twitter.com/Play4Brew

-----------------------------------------
UPDATE:
As of 12:07PM
Brewster to 1,453 (14 new followers!)
Cardinal adds one to 1,480

Keep it coming - You know the snarky media will be all over this one if Brewster loses.

Link: For the uninformed, the original story @ Star Trib:
http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs...rian-cardinal-vs-play4brew-twitter-challenge/

Brewster is up one! We only need 18 more. Just signup for Twitter, follow Brew, and finish it out.

Just logged in to Twitter and see Brew is at 1,502. Nice little groundswell today to add about 50 followers in a single day.

I'm sorry don't take this too personal but I really wish Twitter would get out of sports....I believe that Shaq shouldn't be tweeting from the locker room....and I think it makes people like Zook look really Bush league especially when he "tweets" something incoherent at 3AM. I realize Brewster may be using it to get in touch with the fans but I don't like it really. It seems that it is the coaches trying to sell "excitement" that are doing it ala Weis, and Zook. Sorry...Just my opinion though. See ya next year!

I'm sorry don't take this too personal but I really wish Twitter would get out of sports....I believe that Shaq shouldn't be tweeting from the locker room....and I think it makes people like Zook look really Bush league especially when he "tweets" something incoherent at 3AM. I realize Brewster may be using it to get in touch with the fans but I don't like it really. It seems that it is the coaches trying to sell "excitement" that are doing it ala Weis, and Zook. Sorry...Just my opinion though. See ya next year!

totally agree

What's wrong with selling excitement? That's exactly what Gopher Football needs, an excitement buzz and a winning season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 10:44AM
Brewster at 1,439
Cardinal at 1,479

Race to 1500. Can Brewster really lose to the (seemingly) 7-year player from Purdue(chbag)? I sure hope not - it would be quite an embarrassment.

Brew himself said: "Need to make up some ground on Cardinal in the twitter race...spread the word we need about 80 more.....can't let him beat us"

is it just me, or does anyone find this kind of pathetic/insulting that brewster was competing with a former annoying purdue basketball player that i can't see anyone really caring about? i didn't check out his twitter, but i can't imagine he's doing anything that interesting, aside from playing a little ball, and by little, he averages like 2 pts/game. it's not like the guy's kg. i guess its almost like beating up a girl in a fight, you beat the girl...but it's kind of pathetic to say you beat up a girl.

What's wrong with selling excitement? That's exactly what Gopher Football needs, an excitement buzz and a winning season.

Yeah that's alright I guess, The main reason I don't like coaches on Twitter is it seems like a cheap publicity stunt to me. But I'll admit I have a strong dislike for Twitter being used in athletics at all. Yesterday the LPGA administrator said they would like their golfers to use Twitter ON the course during rounds. NO you should not be worrying about that during the freakin contesst! And I just wonder how long it will be until we see tweets from Zook:
Sat 9/23/09-12PM-
Hey guys. I went for it right there on 4th & 30 cause I thgt we had advantage over Bucks. guess not. NICE HIT! ttys...score now: Illinois:2, OSU: 33.

It's only a matter of time my friends.

Top Bottom